iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maintenance of Equipment, and Sled Fab.

Started by Andy White, August 10, 2015, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

After all the projects that have been done since Austin's cabinets, I needed to work on some equipment. The dust collector pipe from the router table and jointer got plugged up during the cabinet build, and all the chips fell where they may. The big Porter Cable was really humming with the dust bucket full. I was vacuuming it three times a day. I told myself that after the pig roast, that problem would be remedied. Got the overhead line opened up, and removed the interior ground wire, because that was collecting the longer Pine shavings from the planer and stopping up. No more wire!  Now, the router table and lift was full of fine dust and chips, making it almost impossible to adjust. A lot of cleaning after removing the lift assembly.

Brush and air nozzle to blow everything out, and a coating of Blue Creeper had everything running like new again!

All back together and ready for another project! While cleaning cabinet, I found a router plate I got for the PC and then decided to get the Incra Lift instead. This plate was for a class C router, but I am going to make a planing sled with it to level large surfaces like table tops. A little math, and layout, time to drill and countersink for the PC 690 router. All worked well, and now I will build the rails to run the sled on, and I will be in business.

When it is finished, I will post pictures of the finished product with results of the test top.   ;D ;D 8) 8) Andy
Always something to do!!!!
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Martha White Nelson

I know that job was one that you weren't looking forward to, but now, it's done, for a while, anyway!
Martha

WDH

Man, this is timely.  I need to clean my shop, bad.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

Nice work! I can't wait to see that sled!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

isawlogs

I am also in need of shop cleaning duty, really really bad. I am not very cleaner friendly, seams to me that I start at one end and the mess just gets transferred to the other end, very visous circle I have......  ::) :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

drobertson

I know that feels better!  I too have a mess at the mill, big one, been putting off cleaning under the mill for a spell, little jobs keep showing up, well, it's time today before I damage the clamp hose, done that once back in frozen weather, don't want to go there again.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!