iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydraulic pump

Started by coxy, August 09, 2015, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I have a little termite tractor with a front loader&backhoe  the motor was a 12hp that ran two pumps and keep burning the starters out trying to turn the two pumps when trying to start the motor  its been sitting 4years and motor locked up  so I put a 20hp Honda on it and only want to use one pump can I tee the  lines and use one pump   I will not be using the hoe&loader at the same time or do I need to put a deverter? :-\valve in there

kiko

To use one pump,  the first valve oil goes to must be set up as a power beyond valve.  Neither will work with the pressure lines connected together.

coxy

Quote from: kiko on August 09, 2015, 02:53:48 PM
To use one pump,  the first valve oil goes to must be set up as a power beyond valve.  Neither will work with the pressure lines connected together.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :) :)

treeslayer2003

Quote from: coxy on August 09, 2015, 08:59:52 PM
Quote from: kiko on August 09, 2015, 02:53:48 PM
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :) :)
he means you will have to re plumb every thing in series instead of teeing. you will also have to convert the first valve to power beyond by installing a sleeve.

kiko

Thanks for clarifying treeslayer.  I did not intend to be vague.

coxy

ok I see now  ;D   ill be the first to say I know a lot about some things but nothing about hydraulics  :D    thanks

Warped

I have a '57 International 350 utility TLB, the crank driven pump pressure side goes to a tee handled push/pull diverter. You either use the front end loader or hoe.  I rebuilt it 15 years ago but can't remember the brand. I have still have it and can investigate further if you need it.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

kiko

I might have jumped the gun on stating that it has to be power beyond.  i don't see why a divert-er valve would not work as you and warped stated, you would just have to move the dirvert-er valve each time you switched from front to back.

coxy

kiko that is ok for what I will do with it  thanks for the help every one               diverter it will be

Ljohnsaw

Just one more thought.  On the two pumps, where they the same volume and pressure?  I would make sure so that your movements with each (loader and backhoe?) would be acceptable to you.  My backhoe (only) needs flow restrictors (18hp Wisconsin) on a couple of valves in order for the movements to not be slamming stuff around - even with a light touch.  Fast is nice, but you don't want too fast :o
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!