iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland pro mix oil ??

Started by Timbercruiser, August 08, 2015, 09:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

Has anyone used Woodland pro mix oil or the syn oil ?. What kind of results did you have ?

HolmenTree

I think WoodLand Pro products is a dirty name here :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

John Mc

I'd be curious about the Woodland pro oil myself. I've never tried it, since I tend to buy my oil locally.

I'm no longer a fan of Bailey's - as much for their dumping the forum sponsorship as for the downturn in responsiveness/customer service in recent times. But that doesn't mean I'm not curious about how the Woodland pro Oils, Bars, and chains stack up against others.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Grandedog

Howdy,
   The Woodland Pro mix oils come from Spectrum. Wouldn't be afraid to use it.
   The WP bars used to be manufactured by Cannon and private labeled. All of their Cannon bars are now listed as Cannon brand but, they now have a line of WP bars that are Taiwanese manufactured.
   The WP chains are made by Carlton/Blount.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

barbender

I used a dozen I think bottles of the synthetic stuff, it ran well.
Too many irons in the fire

CTYank

I've used WoodlandPro synthetic mix oil for a few years @ 40:1 in everything. All my 2-stroke engines are happy with it in 89-octane e-10. Quite unlike what others report on AS with stihl ultra. YMWV

At $20 for a 6pk of 12.8oz (for 5 gal) bottles, I'll stay with it. Never did follow any mob.

No probs of note with any products Bailey's sells.

Just wish Bailey's could get real with shipping- speed & cost. Like most all the other companies I deal with.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

John Mc

CTYank - what was the problem with Stihl Ultra.  I've used it off and on over the years. Haven't noticed anything.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

hedgerow

I have run the woodland pro syn oil for years in several different brands of saws with no problem's.

Real1shepherd

Quote from: John Mc on August 12, 2015, 09:46:26 PM
CTYank - what was the problem with Stihl Ultra.  I've used it off and on over the years. Haven't noticed anything.

Yeah, I'd be curious to know too, because I know nothing but positives. Getting ready to run everything on Stihl Ultra...weaning myself away from PowerPunch entirely. Tried Amsoil at 50:1 and was the biggest mess I've ever seen. No way in hell I'm gonna run 100:1 like they ask you to. At 50:1, it was oozing out the muffler of my saws and they ran terrible no matter how I adjusted them.

Kevin

Real1shepherd

I went into AS and read the whole thread on the Stihl Ultra 'failure' opinions. It's the consensus that it was not the oil that fried the OP's equipment, but that he leaned out his equipment too far along with the probability that he had some bad gas. The only way Stihl Ultra could hurt a saw @50:1, is if your saw was REALLY carbon/coke fouled and its high detergent formula loosened some of the crud and that crud scored your jug. The myth that it's only supposed to be used for newer chainsaws is just that, a myth.

Kevin

Al_Smith

I've never experianced a problem wth ultra .I think the little jug is suppossed to go in 2.5 gallons of gas and I dump it in two,whatever ratio that works out to . --more oil wars looming on the horizon perhaps ?---- 8)

Real1shepherd

The little cans mix up a gal @50:1. My eyes and my brain only respond to dialog of 40:1 and 50:1. The arguments for using a lower ratio(or higher ratio) trigger an automatic sleep response.

Kevin

John Mc

I'm really hoping this thread doesn't spin off into yet another oil war debate. That one has been beaten to death. If you are really curious, just do a search and read up on everyone's opinions. I'm sure nothing has changed since the last round.

Al_Smith

Quote from: John Mc on August 30, 2015, 08:41:32 AM
I'm really hoping this thread doesn't spin off into yet another oil war debate.   

Oh but think of all the fun if it does.My oil's better than your oil---------Na na n na na  8)

John Mc

Al, you profess to hate rehashing the oil wars time after time, but I'm not sure I believe you. Often it seems you're instigating them, then sitting back and watching it play out.

Al_Smith

:D   Me instigate? Contrair Pooh Bear I just add fuel to the fire . 8)

Ah let's see now .Perhaps run faster muffler bolts should be the next subject. ;)

Bricklayer51

Being the ultra is costly I mixed up some husky oil for my other saws wearing my new va bifocals and saw that it has a stabilizer in it .How long will the gas last?

John Mc

Even with the stabilizer (whether I add it to the fuel or it's in the mix oil - or both), I try not to go beyond 30 days. I'll push that sometimes, since I mainly use non-ethanol premium fuel. On the rare occasion I use ethanol gas (E10, or 10% ethanol), I dump it in the lawnmower after a few of weeks, and generally never keep it longer than 30 days. (Yes, I know, lots of folks "have no problems" using 3 month old gas in their saws.

Shelf life of gas can depend on a lot of things: what the formulation is (ethanol or some other additives are known to shorten the shelf life), how it is stored (tightly sealed lasts longer. I've heard that a metal container is better than plastic, but have not confirmed this). Whether it's usable can also depend on what you are running it in - Ive heard that 4 cycle engines are a bit more tolerant of older gas than are 2 cycle, but this is far from absolute.

49er

I bought a five gallon bucket of Woodland synthetic oil when they had free shipping on it. I have used about four gallons so far. I mix 32 to 1 with av gas and everything seems fine.
Unlike racing gas which stuck a ring on one of my saws. Dolmar 401.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

Thank You Sponsors!