Sponsors:

B57 belt

Started by Klicker, August 06, 2015, 01:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klicker

Do wood-mizer B57 belts always have there name on it. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

Chuck White

I don't know for sure if I've ever gotten belts that actually had the Wood-Mizer name on them!

The new set I have right now have "GOODYEAR B57 CE then a bunch of numbers" printed on them.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Mine say WM on them, but I don't know if they always say it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Mine always say it until they get wore off, then they don't say it  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

Klicker

I just changed mine. One was a new spare with wm on it and the other said goodyear. It is the first time that it didn't say wm
2006 LT 40 HD

Percy

Quote from: 4x4American on August 06, 2015, 06:05:23 PM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on August 06, 2015, 05:32:32 PM

Whatta ya know...talking belts.... :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Klicker

we have a lot of languages  from coast to coast to coast 8)
2006 LT 40 HD

Remle

Quote from: Percy on August 06, 2015, 09:34:44 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on August 06, 2015, 06:05:23 PM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on August 06, 2015, 05:32:32 PM

Whatta ya know...talking belts.... :D :D
Yep mine let out a little "CHIRP" now and then or maybe it was their big brother the drive belt..  ;) ;)

MiskitoCoastCutter

The GoodYear B57 is Wood-Mizer's standard.  You can buy them anywhere GoodYear belts are sold.  I've tried others but the B57 Good Year is the best and why I'm sure it is Wood-Mizer's standard.
As always... life is good and thank you!

Magicman

Sorry but wrong.  The B57 belts that WM sells are not available "anywhere GoodYear belts are sold".  Yes Goodyear B57 belts are available but they are rounded on top instead of flat.  WM B57's are specially manufactured for WM by Goodyear and are only available from WM.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

These Goodyear Engineered Products belts are flat on top:

http://amzn.com/B0051UN678

I'm not saying that they are the same as the WM belts, but they are indeed flat.  :)

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Dave Shepard

What would be the reason for buying a non WM belt? They are the right belt, and reasonably priced. I keep at least one pair on hand.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Yup, I "dance with the one that brought me".  (old saying)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Klicker

Dave I agree about buying wood-miser parts. That is why I asked about the belts the good year belt withoutwm on it is flat and looked a bit different then the one with wm on it. but it is a couple of years old and never used so when I changed both belts at the same time I could see they where not labeled different lee.
2006 LT 40 HD

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on August 07, 2015, 09:12:49 PM
What would be the reason for buying a non WM belt? They are the right belt, and reasonably priced. I keep at least one pair on hand.

Well, if someone needs the belt now, and their local store has it.  I have a good relationship with the Napa in town, we all know each other and I like to give them business to keep them around.  If I needed a belt now and they had the belt that I need I'd surely get it from them.  But, they only sell Gates belts and I'm not sure if their B57 is the right one so I just get them from WM and keep a spare handy.
Boy, back in my day..

drobertson

I might should not say this but for some reason it seems the belts we get from WMZ are designed for compression where as others are designed for a tension application. Cannot remember where I heard this so if someone knows, please correct me if I'm wrong.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I read that WM B57 belts are engineered and manufactured to their specifications. 

Keep a list and when you have to make a WM order, add such things as belts and spare bolts.

landscraper

Section 5.8 of my LT35hd manual, which is the instructions for the band wheel belts, says

"Rotate the blade wheel belts and check them for wear.  Rotating the belts every 50 hours will provide longer belt life.  Replace belts as necessary.  Use only B57 belts manufactured by Goodyear or Browning." 

That is the end of the section on belts, no more after that.  I take that to mean any Goodyear (or Browning) B57 belt. I don't know what an LT40 manual says. 

I have ordered replacement belts from WM when I was ordering blades, because I was already on the phone with them so what the heck.  In a pinch I would buy a Goodyear elsewhere and use it with no further concern.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

highleadtimber16

When I bugger up a WM belt and have no spares. I run to NAPA and grab a B57, rounded on the top. I've never noticed a difference, in performance. It's odd because steel wheels, for band mills are crowned. Anyone know why WM makes their's flat?
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

petefrom bearswamp

Ive shopped around for goodyear belts and find that WM price is very competitive and I usually get them the next day from WM Hannibal
Tried a competitors neoprene belts once and found them sadly lacking
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

bandmiller2

Being my own OEM I have never been constrained by manuf. loyalty. I prefer belts with a slight crown, but I have never tried flat top, in fact after 12 yrs. I'am still running the original tight Gates belts, B-56 if I recall. For several years I ran A LT-70 for a friend and we had to replace the loose belts several times. I believe tight belts are much less prone to damage when bands snap. We tried the Orange belts from long island but had lack luster performance from them if not install properly they have thick and thin and thump when run. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ladylake

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on August 07, 2015, 08:40:01 PM
These Goodyear Engineered Products belts are flat on top:

http://amzn.com/B0051UN678

I'm not saying that they are the same as the WM belts, but they are indeed flat.  :)

I followed the link above and they had B56 belts for $4.83 with free shipping over $35, I ordered 8 to get over the $35.  Now when I go back to Amazon they want $17.82 each. Sure have crazy pricing.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

4x4American

Quote from: highleadtimber16 on September 22, 2015, 12:36:59 AM
When I bugger up a WM belt and have no spares. I run to NAPA and grab a B57, rounded on the top. I've never noticed a difference, in performance. It's odd because steel wheels, for band mills are crowned. Anyone know why WM makes their's flat?

When the blade is squishing the belt into the bandwheel, it gives the belt a crown.
Boy, back in my day..

KirkD

FYI I went to my local Goodyear belt distributor today to get two B57 belts and found out they are now called Continental. He says they were bought out but are manufactured in the same plant. They are flat topped belts.
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

Thank You Sponsors!