iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new here w/ a question

Started by babylogger, September 19, 2004, 06:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babylogger

hi there im new and have a question. ive been reading everyones so you all seem to know what youre talking about. lol i guess thats debatable in some circles lol. anyway i live in the ny area not upstate and NOT the city and were trying to find someone who sells skidder tires this size "18-4-26" does anyone have any idea where to get them besides beckers. the lot we are on the roads are way to small for me to drive my dads skidder because its 1 and 1/2 ft wider than my brothers so wed end up flopped over lol i know not funny but you get the pix. if anyone can point me in the right direction id sure appreciate it. thanks wendy p.s. nice meeting everyone
love logger

Fla._Deadheader

WOW, A female skidder operator??? NOW, that's pretty cool 8) 8) 8)  

Welcome to the Forum, Wendy. How long ya been doing this kind of work???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

babylogger

8)well im 37 i guess i can say safely since umm 1998 but we grew up in the woods we were under 5 when we started learning (me and my brother) now he has a daughter and you cant keep her away from it either shell be 8 next week. her poppy, my dad says your just like your aunt wendy ( MUCH to my bro dismay) lol shes a red headed dervish xs 10 lol. i can drive my dads easy but my bro is totally opposite and it slides i HATE that! i learned on a cat 518. im the only one out of the 15 people who have driven it whos never rolled it!! and yes being a woman in this business is fabulous. i love those STARTLED looks at 100lbs of me 5'2 driving a skidder. its great.!!! my dads is a case my bro is a pettibone we cant take the case where we are now until we get smaller tires its too wide and ill end up 4 levels down and im mortified of heights ! i walked 3 miles down thursday because my bro cant drive w/ 2 of us on the hood coming down its very narrow and now because we were flooded out my dad is gonna have a helluva time rebuilding all the roads. oops sorry didnt mean to go on but most people think women loggers thanks im still grining
love logger

Ed_K

Well Its been 4 day since I could get on since the Ivan washout, But here goes.
 Dynamic Tire Corp. Syracuse, NY. 888-578- 8473
 Eddie Nash & Sons,inc Colebrook, NH. 603-2378857(best used tires going)
 Prime X Northeast, 800-845-8557 (best new tires if you got$$$)
 Theres a couple more in the Nothern Logger.
 Personally I opt for Eddie Nash. He always has deals going on.
 Hope you not washout as bad as we have been the summer.
Ed K

Tom

A Google search shows
http://www.primextire.com/primex_about.html
with a dealer in Little Valley NY and lots in Pa.

SwampDonkey

OK, first off  this post isn't intended to offend anyone. Just some experiences and conversations with local folk.

There was a woman logger around here once working for my father on the farm. He wasn't cutting wood, he hired her to work in the potato shed. She is a native woman that runs her own skidder, I think with a brother. But, I must say its rare to find women loggers in these parts.

Some folks ask me why I spend so much time in the bush. They suggest I must be chasing some female logger out there.  I've been lookin for'm behind every tree, ain't found one yet. :D :D ;) I do know of a couple fella's with female encounters while working in the woods, but this is a family forum so.  :-X Some people are just savage, is all I can say. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

There are some "Lumber Jills" pictured in the Timber Harvest Methods and Equipment Thread from this area.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!