iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Blades

Started by ncsawyer, August 02, 2015, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncsawyer

Tried some 4 degree 0.055 thick blades over the weekend on some SYP.  Most of it had knots like most pine I saw.  I have to say that I am very satisfied with the performance compared to my 7 degree 0.045 blades.  I cut 1200 feet before lunch and was still using the same blade, even with a metal strike on the second to last log!  Also much less likely to dip or dive over a knot.  I could tell a difference in cut speed.  The 4 degree blades don't chew through the cut quite as fast.  The thicker blades also take more power in the wider cuts. 
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Ocklawahaboy

4 degree blades do seem to be gaining quite the following.  I'm becoming a convert.

ladylake

I converted about 8 or 9  years ago, if I get new 10° blades they get used to cut easy wood then sharpened to 4°.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!