iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidder shopping advice

Started by lynde37avery, August 02, 2015, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

I like the custom windshield, looks good. Last I remember, that one had a been gone through and did not have alot of time on it.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

ga jones

Yes 16.9x30 and 18.4x26 chains are the same. That has Pr52 axles just like the c4 and the rims will fit also but the offset is a little different
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

lynde37avery

oh thats such good news about the chains being interchangeable. i have a pair of almost new looking single net ice picks that i would think are way better than the tractor chains that are on it now.
Detroit WHAT?

grassfed

I think that the chains that are on it in the picture would make good summer chains. I run without chains in the summer because the rear axle on my 440B does not have a diff. If the TJ has a locked rear running chains on solid ground will make it turn harder and put more stress and wear on the driveline. Chains that fit 18.4x26 should also fit 16.9 x30s and 18.4x30s
Mike

BargeMonkey

That's a good looking skidder. How did your foot heal up ?

lynde37avery

Foot healed up great! It's a pretty gnarly scar. Doesn't bend much and it'd pretty sensitive. But its there.
Yes those will be my summer chains. I will be set for years.
Detroit WHAT?

Ohio_Bill

Congratulations, good looking Skidder
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

sandersen

Very smart purchase...it looks like a real nice TJ.  Can't beat em.  Congrats!
"Make every step count."

loggah

The 208's are nice machines,the first skidder my father bought new was a 208 after we stopped using a 310 case crawler for logging. he did have a bunch of planetary problems in one side and it was because the factory didn,t have the wheel bearings tight enough.If you take any planetarys out make sure the wheel bearings are "TIGHT" !!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

lynde37avery

thanks guys, I'm very happy with my purchase. i been pulling firewood with it and im amazed at how much BETTER it operates and manuvers than the old Franklin.
Detroit WHAT?

chester_tree _farmah

Well sounds like u decided which u prefer :)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Farmin logger

Good luck with the new skidder.

Maine logger88

Congratulations! Looks like a nice machine! Looks like it has awesome rubber on it
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lynde37avery

yea the tires are nearly new looking. about 95% if one was to calculate it.
i been running it a lot this week. pulling firewood for my cut/split orders and saw logs for local mill.
the 208 is incredibly stable and great on fuel. it seems so tight and responsive, all the levers are tight and work perfect.
8)
Detroit WHAT?

lopet

Good for you.  8)
I always wondered how people can get levers go sloppy. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!