iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

forwarder question

Started by teakwood, July 31, 2015, 03:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

A big local teakcompany bought a cat 574 forwarder, i think its the only forwarder in Costa Rica. Today i went visit them and they let me try it out a little bit, as all the controls are in english they were quite happy that i could explain them. What a nice and big machine, impressive. the controls for the loader are almost the same as my excavator, i wouldnt last long to get some routine on this machine. My question, on the steering joystick is a small red button who says boogie lift and it works, it lifts the machine front up, but why? For what is that useful? Please educate me
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

wannaergo

When you lift the front two tires it shortens the wheel base and makes it turn a little sharper. Useful in thinnings
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

teakwood

Thanks, that makes sense. when i stop pressing the button it goes back down, is that normal?

I read something on the cat site that in 6wd it can drive faster, couldnt that also be a reason for that function?

wannaergo

that i dont know.. i just knew about the turning because i was looking at one of the and asked the salesman if the thing would make it through thinnings. our 564 doesnt like to turn at all
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

teakwood

I read some info on line. its also to enter steep slopes uphill so the nose dont hit the ground.

Thank You Sponsors!