iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

trash pump

Started by spyder68, July 30, 2015, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyder68

I already have a five horse Honda gas motor. Where do I buy a trash pump for it?  Thanks.

beenthere

Not knowing what kind of "trash" you want to pump.

And not knowing what country you are from...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

spyder68

I am from Michigan.  The pump is for pumping gunk out of my farm pond.

beenthere

spyder
Click on your forum name, it will take you to where you can click on your profile and update with location. Will help in the future too. 

"gunk" meaning liquid manure? or ??

Have you looked on Surplus Center site?
What piping or hose size are you using? First time pump, or replacing a pump?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

spyder68

Black silt from the bottom of the pond. There is a Michigan flag on my posting. I tried getting a trash pump, just the pump from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company but the bolt pattern won't match up. Do you know any place you can buy adapter plates? For the pump it needs a three and five eights bolt circle.

sawguy21

I don't think a trash pump is what you want, you need an effluent pump that takes a lot more than 5 hp to drive. Any trash pumps I have seen were dedicated meaning the engine and pump came as a unit. The engine has a threaded shaft that the impeller screws on to. The smallest commonly available are 2" and use a 6.5 hp motor.
You might find a stand alone pump which could be connected to your engine with a lovejoy coupling.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

spyder68

I seen a note in my message. What company on the forum sells pumps like I am looking for?

Corley5

Harbor Freight has 6.5hp 3" trash pumps on sale now for $299.99.  No hoses are included.
  Surplus Center has some adapter plates.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

spyder68

Thank You Sponsors!