iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've been busy

Started by Dan_Shade, July 28, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

I haven't had time to post much over the past 18 months or so.

I have needed a garage for some time now, for vehicle and sawmill storage/maintenance, and room for my woodworking equipment.

the first obstacle was a big stack of poplar that had been in my driveway for way too long, I turned it into a woodshed (also entered into the woodmizer contest.

after I wrapped up the woodshed, I had a friend come in to help me remove the trees.

and he let me borrow his stump grinder (good friend).

had the foundation poured then the walls laid, and floor poured:

starting with stud walls for a 12' ceiling

truss delivery

The last wall section

with sheathing

trusses

osha approved use of ladder

outlooks, this was a major pain in the bottom

roof sheathing

shingles

I rented this for a day, it made getting shingles up "easy"

so I've been pretty busy!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Chuck White

You have really been busy Dan!

Couple of really nice lookin' projects!

Looks great, and you'll wonder how you ever got along without those two buildings!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dan, you've been busy just taking pictures.  :)
You got some good projects going in.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

That all looks good. Like the short wall then the wood. Good idea. Well,good idea on both buildings really!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

yukon cornelius

looking good! I could never have enough buildings to put my junk in  :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

pigman

Does that mean you won't be parking your bike in the house anymore? ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

alsayyed

very nice project and i like the long forklift i do not know what do you call it is very nice keep going and show us more pictures

WDH

Dan,

You don't mess around. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dixon700

Quote from: alsayyed on July 28, 2015, 09:24:58 AM
very nice project and i like the long forklift i do not know what do you call it is very nice keep going and show us more pictures
I believe they call them telehandlers. 
Ms 460 mag 25" b/c muffler modded 010av  14" b/c
94 case 580sk 04.5 ram 2500

OneWithWood

Nice work, Dan.  Enjoy the mew spaces and start planning the addition soon.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dan_Shade

thanks guys, I wanted to go larger, but had a few lot related challenges, this building is 32 x 50, I also used storage trusses to give me almost 500' of storage in the trusses.

I was able to finish the roof last night.

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dan_Shade

The fork lift machine is called a telehandler, they are also called variable lift forklifts, I think.

WDH

Just think of all the lumber that you can put up there  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Wow great work!

Yes they are called telehandlers.  Folks around here call them Lull's, because Lull is the company who invented it I reckon.  Like how lots of folks call skidsteers bobcats.  Or portable sawmills Wood-Mizers. ;D
Boy, back in my day..

Corley5

We call them all SkyTraks  :) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

78NHTFY

Fine looking projects!  Dry cordwood, a nice place to keep the mill under cover!  What more could a sawdust lover want!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!