iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husk, 225R weed eater, 2000 model

Started by drobertson, July 27, 2015, 04:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I gave up on the cheapies and went for this straight shaft industrial one back in the day. No complaints, ever. Fact is I bragged too much about it. Well two week ago before my trip up north I was doing maintenance trimming due to the rainy cycle we have been in.  To the point, I noticed it running like it would not idle down, but would run as usual. On my return, it was the instant start, then the bogg on acceleration.  I changed the diaphragm full pump, pulled the filter in the tank, and the same.  Found the plastic housing that mounts the carb with stripped out threads.  Carb has never been off. 10-32 machine screws and nuts retightened still a bogg.  I have weeds coming out my ears and through my toes. I need some sugestions please, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

luvmexfood

Don't think this would effect it if it was revving up and not ideling down but if it won't rev up then possibly the screen in the muffler.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

celliott

If it's revving up and not idling down, might sound like it's "screaming" a bit, you probably have an air leak. While I'm not familiar with that model Husqvarna trimmer, it's still a two stroke. Likely air leak spots are the crank seals, case gasket (if it's not a clamshell) cylinder gasket, the carburetor area (where you said the plastic manifold was stripped....) or the impulse line\channel.
I'd get it pressure\vac tested and find out where the leak is.
Continuing to run it with an air leak will result in a scored piston.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Cut4fun

You might have a air leak to fight.  I just had a 225 in and it would bog off idle going to full throttle. All it needed was opening the L side of carb up.
Figure the dia's are getting stiff in his 225.

Try it never know.

drobertson

thanks guys, I will give all these a check,  to be honest it really is a bit to hot to weed eat anyway,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

luvmexfood

Quote from: drobertson on July 28, 2015, 02:43:46 PM
thanks guys, I will give all these a check,  to be honest it really is a bit to hot to weed eat anyway,
I like your thinking. :laugh:
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

drobertson

did a good cleaning, and it is running again,  I'm pretty sure some of the air filter broke loose and caused the problem.

Thank You Sponsors!