iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

proud moments

Started by sandsawmill14, July 27, 2015, 03:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneyacrefarm

When we were younger We had a bug as a beater car we drove around thru the woods and sand pits.
That poor thing was banged into all kinds of trees and rocks.
We never got hurt. Thing would never get stuck either.
They are pretty safe little cars for the most part.
It's a nice little car for her.
Now you can find a chevelle for yourself.  :D
Work hard. Be rewarded.

sandsawmill14

i dont know im still thinking about that 54 chevy ;D chop the top about 3 " paint it either black or red ??? and put my old IMCA dirt track engine in it ;D i would have to run E85 but we have a station nearby that sells it :)  just have to figure out how to pay for it now say_what headscratch :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Hilltop366

I always liked Bugs but never had one.

A friend once told me you really don't know how much you appreciate AC until you have been stuck in traffic in Manila with 5 people in a bug at 98°.

sandsawmill14

i have never had a bug before either but i like the way it kooks :)  if the bug works out ok i will likely put ac on it they have some under dash mount units now that are supposed to only rob 1.2-1.5 hp for the compressor  :) everything including all brackets belts comp complete for $1495.00 not cheap but still a bargain for ac in late july and august down here :D

my biggest concern right now is do i have to learn german to swear at it or will it understand english good enough ??? ???

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Hilltop366 on April 27, 2017, 04:31:20 PM
I always liked Bugs but never had one.

A friend once told me you really don't know how much you appreciate AC until you have been stuck in traffic in Manila with 5 people in a bug at 98°.

AC... and deodorant...  :D

Delawhere Jack

That bug is just begging for a whale tail...  :)

red

My first girlfriend was allowed to drive any of her father's vehicles, as soon as she could rotate all the tires . So she only borrowed her Mothers car.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sandsawmill14

never heard of it ??? so i googled it and i dont know i think i like the lips and eyelashes better ;D :D :D :D but its her car so i will leave that kinda stuff up to her :)

this is my first car that aint american :-\ so i got some learning to do but i think i will like it :) i told myself it was ok since it was antique but would never buy a new car that was not american :) at least as american as they make nowadays ::) ;)

red

Herbie the love bug #53

newoodguy78

Quote from: red on April 27, 2017, 10:00:16 PM
Herbie the love bug #53
Didn't they call him ocho? As well. I remember watching it as a kid.

Nice old bug sandsawmill, may not be a chevelle but your daughter looks happy  8)

sandsawmill14

yep shes tickled with it 8) her biggest thing was she wanted an older classic car just something everyone else didnt have  :) i dont know if a bug is classic but it sure is popular  :)

gspren

I think the "new beetle" helped make the older beetles more desirable.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandhills

My grandma had a (spelling?) Karmanghia, she used to take us kids fishing in it all the time, we still have it.  I wish I had the money to make it look like new, maybe someday  :).

sandsawmill14

karmann ghia :) what year model is it  ??? does it run ??? hang on to it  you will get to ti someday  :) unless you just want me to come get it out of the way  ;) :D :D :D

Kbeitz

Love the old VW's... When the body fell off them we kept the going...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sandsawmill14

Don_Papenburg

the 396 will fit in the bug .  It takes up some of the back seat , that's a good thing because teenagers and a carload of friends = trouble.   That will be a lot easier than shoehorning in one of them Allisons.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

sandsawmill14

im afraid the 396 would make it drive like kbeits pic :D

sandhills

Kbeitz, back in the day my sister's high school boyfriend built a doon buggy out of one and had the rear E brakes hooked up individually so you could turn on a dime and leave some change, the cats at our place were never the same  :D.  I remember a few rides like that in your picture, you couldn't stop that thing for nothing. 
Sandsawmill, not sure of the year, I'll have to look on the Karman Ghia.

red

A Sun Roof Sedan was available on Early bugs like 59-63 . . then you need a full inside rollcage .  There are many styles of tow bars, comes in handy when you need to drop one vehicle off.

sandsawmill14

this one is a '73 model and it has a sunroof/moonroof i dont which is which ??? :)

sandsawmill14

i think this bug is gonna drive me nuts headscratch smiley_dizzy i have the engine in and am having a hard time figuring out what is missing and what i just dont know what is ::) the biggest problem though is it was my fil car and he passed away about a year or so after his mechanic died suddenly  :( and i have never seen one other than going down the road :o ok finished with my rant now ;D :D

Hilltop366

red

I have a few friends that claim to be VW air cooled  " experts " so ask away or send me a PM. One good thing is most parts should still be available , like WWII army jeeps still running today. The Marines also made some four wheel drive dune buggies with Porsche engines for Afghanistan and Iraq.  Lots of sandrails out west in California and Nevada .

red

The VW Air cooled bus was the longest production vehicle ever made. They just recently stopped production in Brazil .

Thank You Sponsors!