iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

proud moments

Started by sandsawmill14, July 27, 2015, 03:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

my 13 yo daughter just came up and ask for a 1969 chevelle 396 ss. she said she was asking now so i could have time to save up  :D  anyone have an extra on sitting around ???  :D  :D :D
at least she likes the classics  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

beenthere

She has good taste.. just learned my welder has one... bought it when it was 2 yr old and has original paint. Goes "sunday" driving often.

Here are some for sale...
http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1969/chevrolet/chevelle-ss?country=us
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandsawmill14

what do you think beenthere half a million bdft cover it  :o  :D

drobertson

You have a few years to get ready, and you might have her start saving for the gas bill ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

samandothers

She has obviously been raised right!  She has good taste!

sandsawmill14

Quote from: drobertson on July 31, 2015, 07:48:13 AM
You have a few years to get ready, and you might have her start saving for the gas bill ;D

yep at the price today it will cost her about 30 bucks just to get to the nearest walmart :D :D  :o

sandsawmill14

Quote from: samandothers on July 31, 2015, 01:38:36 PM
She has obviously been raised right!  She has good taste!

thanks samandothers

Mooseherder

My brother has a Convertible but I don't think it's for sale.

sandsawmill14

thats a nice car mooseherder  smiley_thumbsup i have never seen one except in pics

Mooseherder

My Brother In Law found him this car sitting in a field with the top off.  The body was Rust free except the back passenger floor board had a small patch needed.  The body was severely dinged like it had been punched every 12 inches on every panel but still solid.  My other brother is a very good body man and fixed her all up.  That was 30 years ago.  He paid 400 dollars for the car. 

sandsawmill14

i wish i could find a deal like that :)

loggah

Yup real good taste !!! ;D I had one back in 71 the guy who bought it new was killed in "Nam" and a friend of mine bought it from his parents,i got it from him about 6 months later. It was one with the L78 motor 375 H.P. 396 ,only car around to keep up with it was a Plymouth GTX with a 425H.P. hemi. I wish i still had that rig but in 1973 i traded it in on a new 1973 Chevy 4x4 pickup,i was working on the Interstate construction as a grade foreman and needed a pickup !! :'( :'(
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

r.man

I sense the art of negotiation here she really wants a 5 yr old Civic.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sandhills

Very good taste, but one thing I've learned is I would buy her something much cheaper and safer (slower) for her first car, let her get the wrecks out of the way, then let her get the hot rod  :D.

sandsawmill14

pretty good advice sandhills  i already told her she would be driving one of my old trucks if she got the chevelle and only driving chevelle   when i was going with her  ;D

gspren

A few years ago one of my coworkers said his 15 yr old daughter saw a Mustang that already had her name on it (Shelby) so that's what she wants, he said we might change your name first  :D, she got a Camry but didn't change her name.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

red

Start with Hot Wheels. . Then a plastic model. . .  and I am sure you can find a Die Cast
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sandsawmill14

Quote from: red on August 05, 2015, 07:49:17 PM
Start with Hot Wheels. . Then a plastic model. . .  and I am sure you can find a Die Cast

probably the best advice yet!!!  :D :D :D

sandsawmill14

well update on the dream car of my daughter ;D we havent been able to find a chevelle that i could afford but  :-\  we went and looked at early 40s ford yesterday with the flat head v8 with a 6pack carb setup primer grey with no side panels  and a flat custom hood so engine shows and looks nice and her exact words were " i'd drive it but i dont know im pretty sweet on that '54 2 door chevy  over at savannah. i just like the old turtle shell cars better" (thats what she calls all the old cars with that shape) :D :D :D
i have 2 questions     
1 do any of you guys have this problem with your daughters ???
2 why does a 14 yo girl even know this stuff to ask for it ??? :D :D :D

red

The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sandhills

My wife and I were drooling over a 70 nova that a friend's brother had bought off the Barrett Jackson auction and my 15 year old daughter saw it and said "I'd want something newer"  ::).  I think I need to educate her a little better.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: red on April 14, 2017, 08:18:40 PM
The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

i guess thats right my nephew borrowed dads 46 ford with the suicide doors to go to his senior prom last saturday night  :o :D he also has a 29 ford model a and a 41 plymouth deluxe but we havent got to work on the plymouth much yet
all i have right now is a 56 chevy truck i will try to fix after i get my daughters car car figured out :)
mom and dad,1 of my uncles,and me and my 2 brothers founded the sardis farm and home show 20 or so years back so the kids have always been around old tractors,cars and trucks :)
on a side note most of you probably read i lost my mom last week and her funeral was on saturday and so was the spring tractor show so her last ride went directly in front of the show grounds :) not planned it was just on the way to grave yard  :) and the tractor club had a ribbon put on the flowers that said founding member which i thought was nice :)  the thing is i never noticed the ribbon or thought about us driving through the show grounds  until monday afternoon when i went to the grave yard to visit :o ::)

back to the cars
sandhills  i always liked the nova & chevy II  but good luck on changing her mind maybe take her to a cruise in or something where she can see several different ones and she will likely see something she likes :)
i will try to get some pics of dads old cars and put on here

sandsawmill14

here it is and she is tickled pink

and here she is giving it a wash

i have to put it back together as it was took apart to paint but it is in pretty good shape for a 73 model the engine is new but not in it  its on the trailer  :) the only thing she had to say was when she seen the engine was "thats a long way from a 396 "  :D :D :D

Stoneyacrefarm

My daughters first vehicle to drive was a 1 ton dually flat bed.
She ran over or banged into almost everything in the yard with it until she figured out how to drive it.
I figured she couldn't be any more safer than in that truck.
She started driving it around the farm at 12 years old.
Once she stopped hitting things she could take it on the roads.
That was the deal.
Lol.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

sandsawmill14

:D :D :D my girls started driving young 5-6 years old and have to master a manual trans before they get their learners permit  ;D :D :D :D and i still worry about letting them go by themselves ::) i think over all the bug will be a safer for car than the chevelle she wanted  :) i know it wont hold up in a crash as well as the chevelle but i think the 47 hp engine will offset the 396ss and be safer overall  ;)  after all a guy was killed last week in a 3 axle gravel  truck and the woman and child he hit were seriously injured but will both be ok they were in a early 90s model chevy 1/2 ton pickup ??? go figure ??? you just never know in a wreck what will happen :-\ this happened about 4 miles from my house at an intersection i pass through several times a day :( we are trying to get the state to make it a 4 way stop but who knows ???     anyway at least with the bug i know speed will not likely be a factor :D

Thank You Sponsors!