iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Milk shake maker

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 25, 2015, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Got a couple good days of weather promised so I finished coating my lumber shed today. Using a 5 gallon can of aluminum paint. Last time I used a sticker to stir it. Was a PITA. This time I invested in a paint mixer for my drill. Worked a lot better and faster.

While I was mixing I was so impressed I with how well the mixer worked I am tempted to go back and get the smaller, 1 gallon mixer size and keep it and my small drill in the kitchen to make milk shakes for me and the granddaughters. Mix them right in the cup and no blender to clean - just the drill bit/attachment.

Another opportunity to repurpose a useful piece of equipment.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dan_Shade

I thought you were gonna tell us a story about applying roof sealant, overheating on the roof, drinking some milk to cool off, then getting to see the milk again....

actually, I have a small cuisinart immersion blender, it works great for that type of stuff.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

I like the idea, just be careful and do not hit the side of the cup.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

MM,

My paint mixer has plastic blades. I think it (smaller model) would be pretty forgiving but won't try it in wife's fine china just in case. You can't go wrong using old plastic stadium cups any way.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

JohnW

Have you mixed with a spoon?  If not you'd be surprised.  It's not instant, but quick enough.

WV Sawmiller

John,

That's what I use to mix the granddaughters. They love Grandpa's chocolate milk shake made with chocolate milk and chocolate ice cream. I rarely drink a milk shake myself although I will make a Mt. dew (diet of course - have to watch those calories you know) & vanilla ice cream float on a hot day.
Howard Green

sandhills

Dad made one with a piece of rod and twisted about a 2" long piece of flat iron to weld on the end, works good for paint but would be hard on china  :D.  The guy we bought our place from made a lot of the stuff in the shop, we now have a paint mixer for gallon jugs or smaller powered by an electric motor that runs the gear box off an old washing machine, it's a little slow but we've been using it extensively  :-\.

Thank You Sponsors!