iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where and when do you get your exemption?

Started by macurtis, March 16, 2002, 03:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macurtis

;) I thought when you became a sawmill owner you would
be exempt from some, if not all honey do's. I have been at
it since about 6:00 this morning, digging flowerbeds,
planting trees,cutting grass and a whole lot of other stuff
that the boss wanted done.  Bibbyman, my wife's name is
mary, but I cannot get her hands on the controls of that
sawmill.

Frank_Pender

Macurtice,  What I did was hire one of my ex students and his son to maintain our yard.   8) 8) 8)    It has only cost me $25.00 a week, plus whatever ferts he thinks the whole thing needs.  You can't beat that with a stick or a log.  :D :D :D  He is always build something for himself or other folks and 90% is in trade for the yard work.  When it comes to planting she handles all.   For irrigation in the summer I had a friend help me with an automatic system on a timer.   :) :)  It has all been money well spent to be able to continue sawing. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Frank Pender

macurtis

::)  Frank , I have hired help coming next week,
but boss Mary wanted to start today!!!! I don't know about
the rest of the guys on this forum , I run things around
here!!!!!

Jeff

OOps, sorry about that internet blip, macurtis, but I was able to capture that lost data.

Macurtis's post actually ended:

Because Mary said I could!!!!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

psychotic1

Some comedian once said:
If you want to know who wears the pants in you family.
When your getting ready to go to sleep at night, and you notice the bedroom light is on.  You get up to turn it off,  Turn around and look back at the bed.. that's who's in charge.

Bruce
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

L. Wakefield

'Yeah, but..' that assumes both going to bed at once. We have no problem- the latecomer either doesn't turn the light back on- or turns it off out of courtesy- the early bird could be already asleep.

In our case we each plant our own projects unless it's something that exceeds one person's capabilities or the other is so interested that they volunteer to help. To each his/her own tho, I say. And it can be fun to work together.   :)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Frank_Pender

Yep, Alice use to set my chokers for me.  She was/is the best setter I ever had.   She also use to place the chunks of wood on the platform of the splitter for me as I ran the high tech handle for the hydraulic cycliner.  When the pile of wood got so high she would load the platform and then throw the split wood into the truck and then jump into the truck and stack it, ready for the next she would thtrow.  I had her going for two years.  8) 8) She up and quit on me, because I would not build a shower system out of a 50 gallon drum and let the sun warm it before use.  :'( The day after she quit I bought an elevator for under the splitter to get the wood into the truck. ;)
Frank Pender

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

Has anyone heard 'The Mans Song' by Bob and Tom??.........
Cheers
Charlie
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

JoeyLowe

8)  Anita has been very supportative of my little operation.  I came home very tired a couple times after sawing all day and she was so symphathetic, that she actually went with me the following day to help out. ;D
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Don P

Yeah I run things around here too, mostly the tractor and the mower...sometimes the saws tho ;D.

Jeff

I've heard it Kiwi, its a goodun. I can't get Bob and Tom in the Sawbooth, but I get them on the car radio if we are going to the cabin on a weekday morning. Need to find the lyrics to post for that one here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

Theres no way you should have mentioned that!!!!.......

The Man Song (originally by Sean Morey)

I don't take no crap from anybody! ... else but you.
I wear the pants around here!...when I'm finished with your laundry.
'Cause I'm a guy you don't want to fight! ... when I say "jump" you say "yeah, right".
I'm the man of this house! ... until you get home.

What I say goes around here! ... right out the window.
And I don't want to hear a lot of whining! ... so I'll shut up.
The sooner you learn who's boss around here! ... the sooner you can give me my orders, dear.
'Cause I am the head honcho! ... but it's all in my head.

And I can have sex anytime! ... that you want.
'Cause I'm a man who has needs! ... but they're not that important.
And don't expect any flowers from me! ... because if I'm not mistaken you prefer jewelry.
I'm the king of my castle! ... when you're not around.

And I'll drink and watch sports whenever I want! ... to get into trouble.
And I'll come home when I'm good and ready! ... to sleep on the couch.
Because a man's got to do what a man's got to do! ... and I'm going to do what you tell me to.
Because I'm top dog around here! ... but I've been neutered!

There you have it!  Go to the web site for a clip of the song.

http://www.seanmorey.com/index.htm

Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Bud Man

Joey, either Anita is a keeper or she's just trying to get a grip on the accounting.   Macurtis, sounds like you and the Missy have just one 2 Do list --We have two 2 Do list's at our house.  Soon as the wife goes to work the help I've arranged for comes in and does everything on my list and there gone before the missy gets home ;), takes a little arranging but It works here, even had to buy a lawn mower and get it dirty and occasionally throw a little dirt or water on myself before she gets home. Then when she gets home I tell her how tired and hungry I am, :'( and she gets busy with her list.  ;D  "Work's For Me"  The other little things is where the "Barter System Kicks In"   :D   And Frank, as far as that choking stuff,  My wife don't allow that rough stuff. !! :o
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

L. Wakefield

It's taken us a while to get most of the argufying done. Mike was used to that 'man of the house' stuff-had always had the higher or the only income, and hadn't really met anyone who WANTED to do the kind of weird things I love   :D :D. I think my first piece of equipment was a lawnmower. I just wanted one that would start, not his P.O.S.- so I bought one. My $ my title, my toy. He can borrow it if he returns it in good shape. :) . And that's been the way it went. I have a good income, and I like tools and toys.

There WAS a lot of argufyin about stuff being borrowed and not returned. I find an engraver is a handy thing to establish ownership at the time of purchase. And a big toolbox. For a while things got so bad with the boys being teenagers and Mike still in that 'what's your is mine' mind that I had all my tools under the bed and a policy that if you borrowed it, you signed for it and paid a $5 deposit which would be refunded when the tool was returned in good shape. I outgrew that space.

I was breathing fire over a tool or 2 that he took to work and left there- they weren't around when I wanted them. And my dremel has gone mysteriously missing at present. But once we were able to practice common courtesy it's worked out very well. If I didn't have the bux, I wouldn't have the clout that I've got. And I figure that's fair.

He's still fussing about why we don't have a ride-on mower. I just keep telling him to buy one if he wants one. His income, his purchase, his toy.

Ah, domestic bliss...  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Bud Man

The Haves and the Have-nots  :'(   Superior- Subordinate    Money Talks and BS  Whines :'(     Brings back memories of the Radio Show " The Battling Bickerson's"  where Love was never blissful !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Bibbyman

I just got around to reading this thread.  I see some reference to me and Mary and the way things run around here.  I'm not adding a word that may get back to Mary – at least while I've got a hand full of oatmeal - chocolate chip cookies Mary just pulled out of the oven.  She's filling the wood box right now – the house is cooling off and it may get a little frosty by morning.  :-*
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!