iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Porch table

Started by Larry, July 22, 2015, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Kathy picked up a table and chairs at auction for a couple of dollars.  The seats and top were missing but she figured I might be able to make a replacement. 

I'll rub out the varnish in another couple of weeks.  Me hates varnish and especially marine spar varnish...no place to do it and I always end up with dust nibs.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

$300.00...................each!

DanG Larry, that IS pretty nice. I likes it.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

That thing screams of elm.

Elm is ash with an attitude  :D.

Could be honeylocust.  Could be catalpa. 

Doesn't seem dark enough for sassafras, but you might have slipped in some kentucky coffeetree while we were not looking  ;).

Whatever, the grain is awesome, and I love the figured walnut medallion.

On a wild hair, I am going with catalpa.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WmFritz

I have no guess about the species, but the grain is striking!

I love the scalloped edge too, Larry
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

Me too.  That is so cool. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Beautiful as in "very nice".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Smacks of catalpa, IMO also.

Gorgeous wood and furniture.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Andy White

Larry,
That is a gorgeous  table and chairs. Very distinct character of grain pattern and color. Give it a 10...
Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Larry

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. :)

It is catalpa, I have a lifetime supply and been using a lot of it when I can.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

thecfarm

Them metal chairs and tables are real pricey now. We brought a set years ago. I wished I would of brought another set than. Now they weave the seats and back with some plastic stuff that only last 4-5 years and still ask a real high price. I betcha you could get more than $300.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Gaiche

Very nice Larry. Good use of some old furniture. bg

yukon cornelius

Wow! You sure stepped those up a few knotches.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

cbla

rasman57

That is well done!  Very interesting and creative design....your wife was right!

sandhills

Delawhere Jack

Excellent in every regard! Work that nice is worth the hassle putting on top quality finish.

21incher

Beautiful job. Amazing choice of wood. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

5quarter

8) Great job on the rehab Larry. I knew it was Catalpa too, but only because I recall you had a barnful to get used up.  ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

isawlogs

Love um, you did a fine job sir, well done!!!   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mesquite buckeye

Purty.  ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!