iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CoEd Shop,Lovin' It

Started by Andy White, July 19, 2015, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Nancy has been at it again! While putting finish on my Walnut box, she looked at all the ERC scraps left from my
drying shed baffle project. Soon, she left, and a short time later came in the door asking me to "teach her how to build something"! When I said OK, she fired up the Kindle with her latest project on it.

Here we go. Start with straight and square stock. How? she said. Like this. She was a little skittish at first, until I showed her how the jointer worked, and the right way to feed it. She was good with that.

After getting the edges done, it was time to cut to length and width. She likes the cutoff sled.

Next was layout the gables on the ends. A simple 45° cut was easy to explain, and she picked that up right away.
Now was the fit up, glue up and nail it together.

Her first all alone pintrest project!  I think it looks like a bird feeder! There goes all my scrap Cedar and other "special" stock I've been stashing out. More feeders and bird houses are coming next. Her collection of old license plate " roofs" will now find new homes!  Man I love teaching and learning more about this very special person!     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Bill Gaiche

She is a cool cookie to have around. bg

samandothers

A great partner!

I am blessed too!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mrs. Nancy does some really nice work.....do you build anything Andy?  :D
I've tried to get my wife to do some shop building but she's left handed and it just doesn't work out,  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Nice project and nicer partner.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nmericle53

Thank all of you for the sweet comments. I love being in the shop with Andy. He gets a little nervous when I run the table saw. I guess he doesn't want me to cut off the fingers that feed him! He is a good mentor and best friend. I want to be the first to wish my amazing and awesome husband a happy birthday. (20th) Can't wait for our road trip to Jeff's. For all of you that will be there have a safe trip.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

thecfarm

Start out small and build something bigger!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

nice job nancy! Andy, you are blessed to have her there as you already know. I love having my wife working with me everyday
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

justallan1

Nancy, very nice job on your bird feeder. Andy, you're a lucky man to have a lady interested in working in your shop with you, and it sounds like you're both still getting along after the project was finished, so you must be doing something right.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!