iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

e-mails

Started by iain, September 17, 2004, 12:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

everybody be aware of returned (undelivered) e-mails i've been getting 3 or 4 a day for ages there all very plausable and good looking with subject fields filled in
one from woodmizer today
they are all virus and trojans none have got passed yet
AVG pro, adaware pro, and spybot all on auto update

iain

Jeff

Yep, lotsa of them out there. I have a very fast rule. If you are sending me an attachement, and you did not announce it to me first so I am expecting it. I delete it without a further thought. I dont care if its from friends or sisters or even that wildflower chick. If I dont know before hand, its toast.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Arthur

Jeff

good practise.

30 years at the top o fthe IT heap still doesnt stop attackes on me.

the greatest threat to you will be the online robots that monitor all internet traffic.  Part of this is spyware or worse is the infection type.  It doesnt just spy but downloads programs to your system that not only infect you computer but then attaches itself to all your outgoing emails.  It then looks like you are infecting other which you actually are but unaware of.

Keep an eye on your Kb movements to and from the internet.  When you have no pages or downloads happening you should have no traffic.  If you caan see traffic over a ten minute period you may have a problem.

Most of the problem is Microsoft IE >:(.  I am evaluating a freebee that looks and feels the same but prevents spyware from happening.  I will let you know what I think if it works well and where you can get it.

Thank You Sponsors!