iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Completed Blade Sharpener

Started by LUV2MILL, July 16, 2015, 03:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LUV2MILL

I got the Cam ground welded reground welded etc. and now I think I'm finished I'm going to resharpen a couple of blades and try them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy6C1TPnMbw

deadfall

Quote from: LUV2MILL on July 16, 2015, 03:54:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ME1BorbOoI

Quote from: YouTubeThis video contains content from Warner Chappel, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

deadfall

Quote from: WmFritz on July 16, 2015, 04:29:54 PM
That is a fine looking build.

That's what I wuz going to say, and ask how much he's selling them for, but then I got distracted when the video wuz unavailable. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

LUV2MILL

Sorry about the video I'm reposting it without the background music give me few minutes.

Give that a try.

Den-Den

Good job on the sharpener, it looks great and appears to work as designed.  You should be proud of it.

One suggestion; consider adding a metal shield to deflect sparks and grit from entering the motor and ruining its bearings.
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

LUV2MILL

Quote from: Den-Den on July 16, 2015, 05:36:05 PM
Good job on the sharpener, it looks great and appears to work as designed.  You should be proud of it.

One suggestion; consider adding a metal shield to deflect sparks and grit from entering the motor and ruining its bearings.

Good point I'll work on that I also worked on the cam after this video to take the dip out of the gullet.

Thanks for the useful feedback and compliments.

hackberry jake

Excellent fit and finish as well. I need to get better at painting my metal projects. I usually leave them weld/rust colored.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

boscojmb

John B.

Log-Master LM4

bandmiller2

Luv2, very professionally done, what now a automatic setter.??  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

21incher

Great job! Thanks for sharing the video. How long does the grinding wheel last before it needs redressing?  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

LUV2MILL

Not sure how long the dressing will last I'm sure it depends on how hard your grinding, I'm still playing around with the shape too much to know.

Automatic setter  ??? not sure more likely a manual double setter. If I do I'll post pictures.

hackberry jake

Quote from: bandmiller2 on July 16, 2015, 08:22:47 PM
Luv2, very professionally done, what now a automatic setter.??  Frank C.
I have some plans for one in the noggin... Just haven't had time to make it.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

LUV2MILL

Quote from: Kbeitz on July 16, 2015, 10:39:19 PM
Sure beats what I got....

I'd love to see that running those old machines are real art.

Kbeitz

I got both that and this at the flea market...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

LUV2MILL

Quote from: Kbeitz on July 17, 2015, 07:28:58 AM
I got both that and this at the flea market...

I'd love to find some pieces like these to collect, all they seem to have at the flea markets around here is cheap import junk.

LUV2MILL

Den-Den wisely suggested a guard to protect the motor. After sharpening a couple of blades it was clear one was badly needed not just to protect the motor but to try to contain some of the mess as well.

WmFritz

When you get the blueprints drawn up, I want to be your first customer.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Larry

Looks like a professional job to me.  Did you fabricate the spindle?

I'm slowing working on one.  Got all of the sub assemblies built, just need to get them put together.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

LUV2MILL

Quote from: Larry on July 18, 2015, 03:59:09 PM
Looks like a professional job to me.  Did you fabricate the spindle?

I'm slowing working on one.  Got all of the sub assemblies built, just need to get them put together.

The spindle is a piece of 5/8" shaft with 1/4" key way already cut in it, I just turned the end down to just under 1/2" and threaded the end 1/2-13.

Thank You Sponsors!