iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl ms441c

Started by j.lombara, July 13, 2015, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.lombara

Looking into buying this saw, upgrading from a 550xp, any thoughts or flaws in tha saw, thanks!  ??? :D

York Woodwright

I have been running a 441-cm for almost two years. It is a faithful workhorse. For a forestry-grade chainsaw, it is relatively light in weight, but its power has no trouble with the hardwoods I fell on my property. I run a 26 inch bar. I have the arctic model with heated handle; it is a nice feature in wintertime as my aging arthritic fingers need all the help they can get, but if it was a deal-breaker, I could live without it. I'm a happy customer.
Charles
I'm still learning how to use my WM LT40HD. This is an avocation, not a vocation -- not as pecunious as medicine, but a lot more fun!

clww

The company bought me a new one a bit over two months ago. After running a 460 or 461 for the previous 20 months, I really like it. Nearly as much power and lighter. I really like the air filtration design. It hardly ever gets a dirty filter. I also have a 372XP, and I prefer the 441. I run it with a 20" bar and skip tooth Stihl chains that I make at the shop.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

HolmenTree

I demoed a MS441 years ago when they were  first introduced. Very impressive  saw then must be even better today.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

John Mc

You probably ought to just send that 550XP that you upgraded away from out to me. I'll make sure it's disposed of properly.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!