Started by plasticweld, July 12, 2015, 05:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticweld

Hydraulic Bi-Plane Log Clamp
Hydraulic Loading Arms
Hydraulic chain turner
Hydraulic Toeboard
Hydraulic Side Supports

I added all the things that a full HD model had along with a seat that does not limit my cutting length, all of the stuff was bought at the Surplus Center or fabricated in the shop.  The controls can be moved so that if you are sawing short lumber you do not need to go to length of the mill to run the controls.  The seat works well for sawing lumber currently sawing fence and it is quicker to do it standing so I can get rid of the slab wood as I am sawing by myself.  Hydraulics are powered by an 8 hp Honda and moves all of the stuff with tons of speed

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pineywoods

Very impressive, I have done something simular to my lt40. could you post some more details about the seat? I have a knee that's beginning to demand something like that. Mine doesn't include the loader arms, I load with a tractor with forks..Most of my supplies came from surplus center also. Power on mine is a 1 hp electric motor. good job  8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

plasticweld

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=185640

This is a better side view but still not real clear.  I am sawing on Tuesday and will take some close ups so you can see how to make one and how it is attached

Brucer

Here's that last picture you posted.

Not a bad job at all. I also converted a manual LT40 to a full hydraulic. I think my method was easier and faster -- sell old mill, order new mill, drop old mill off with the buyer and pick up his cheque while on my way to fetch the new mill ;D.

Mind you, your upgraded version has a lot of features mine doesn't :laugh:.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

beenthere

plasticweld
You can do the pics, by having another window open in your gallery and click on the pic you want in your post.
It will enlarge, and then you just SCROLL down below the pic to see a couple ways to put that pic in your post. Quick and easy but have to SCROLL down below the pic.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

plasticweld

Quote from: beenthere on July 12, 2015, 08:12:17 PM
plasticweld
You can do the pics, by having another window open in your gallery and click on the pic you want in your post.
It will enlarge, and then you just SCROLL down below the pic to see a couple ways to put that pic in your post. Quick and easy but have to SCROLL down below the pic.

Thanks for the advice and help!

deadfall

Wow!

That's not how Red Green would have done it.

============================

QuoteI also converted a manual LT40 to a full hydraulic. I think my method was easier and faster -- sell old mill, order new mill, drop old mill off with the buyer and pick up his cheque while on my way to fetch the new mill ;D.

Good one, Brucer!
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

slider

al glenn

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: deadfall on July 12, 2015, 10:20:13 PM
Wow!

That's not how Red Green would have done it.

Red green would have pulled the seat out of a '81 k-car and welded it on with duct tape.  The break lines would have been used as the hydraulic hoses and the power would have come from jacking up the drive wheel and using a length of old garden hose as a belt to turn the hydraulic pump.  The chain turner would have come from a bicycle and the loading arms would be two hockey sticks. 

Not that I've ever watched the show... Or gone to see him in person or anything...

Keep your stick on the ice!

tom h

I believe you should work at woodmizer building sawmills.impressive

dean herring

Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

1-2 Tree

I am impressed Burden Sales will get you there too. I have a orange sawmill but its a Norwood LM 29 I hope to built some better clamps and log turner for it . Just bought a electric hydraulic pump and cylinders . I don't like changing clamp heights manually so it WM meets Norwood time !
I like the smell of saw dust in the mornings !I have a crescent wrench and I know how to use it ! The best hammer I have ever owned !

Thank You Sponsors!