iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HD ?

Started by Remle, July 10, 2015, 07:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remle

During routine maintenance on my 95 LT40HD, refilling the fluid in the drive side cylinder bearing housing I noticed the shaft has about 1/8" movement end ways only , nothing side to side. Is this normal or are the bearings in need of replacement ?? 

deadfall

Looking at the drawing in my 2005 parts manual, I see no thrust washers.  I can't see where there should be any end to end movement.  It looks like there are six bolts that hold the housing secure.  Could these have loosened up?  Unless the whole thing is moving, two ball bearings would have to be pretty shot for that much end play to occur.  There are two retaining rings to keep everything in place.  Hard to think one could have failed.   Those things don't fail, do they?  There is a cone point set screw with a locking nut, that looks to lock the whole assembly in place, coming down from the top on the drive side of the assembly that could have backed out.  I would check that first.
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Chuck White

My mill is a 1995 and I get no movement on mine, up/cn, lt/rt, in/out!

Something is just not right!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!