iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now What Have I Started??

Started by Andy White, July 09, 2015, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

During yesterday's Cedar sawing, Nancy said she wanted some planter boxes made from some of these boards. Thinking of a quick job, I remembered Poston's post about a log planter. I thought I will do these and not have to saw boards first! Really neat idea. Cut slabs, notched center, and reinstalled slabs. Went to Lowes today for plants and soil. Got everything installed and watered in good. Setting back cooling off, and admiring my handy work, it started!! Three neighbors passed, and stopped. Three times I hear "I WANT SOME OF THOSE!!!!"

All the neighbors are now looking for suitable logs to use! I may be on to some 300.00 projects on this thing!
Thanks David "da goat", I needed that. The fourman says thanks too. 8) 8) smiley_chop smiley_smash smiley_smash   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Let the Games Begin.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

In the winter, build them and call them Deer feeders.  ;D Cha Ching.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

I have some "too far gone" pine logs that would make excellent planters!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

yukon cornelius

I have made several of those in the 6 inch range. Fun little
projects
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

pineywoods

I think it's called bribery. I made a few and like Andy, gave them to neighbors. Resulted in saw jobs and lumber sales. ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!