iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member Intro

Started by Hewer of Wood, July 08, 2015, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hewer of Wood

Well its not quite my first post but thought I should do a quick introduction. I run an electric Timber Harvester sawmill sawing mostly hardwoods. Mostly for commercial accounts, very little custom sawing other peoples logs. I use a 1967 Pettibone Super 8 for log and material handling. Its an oldie but goodie. Wish everything I owned was as dependable as that. Have been sawing full time since 1997. Most of the hardwoods I saw get used for cribbing, trailer decking, and survey stakes.
    I've been reading the forum quite a while and saw a question regarding a TH mill and thought I could help out so figured now was the time to join in on all the fun. Even had an old friend, Brad Smith, pop up in that thread. Good to hear from you Brad. Hope all is well.
    This is a real great place to learn about everything you ever wanted too, plus things you didn't even want to learn about. Like goats.  :D
    I look forward to continuing my education here.
   Thanks, Shawn
1997 Timber Harvester 1967 Pettibone Super 8 and too much sawdust. Joshua 9:21

fishfighter

Welcome aboard 8) We love pictures of mills and the likes. ;D

sandsawmill14

welcome  :) and as fishfighter said we like pictures  ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

slider

al glenn

nz1h

Welcome Shawn
This site is a great one.

alain

21incher

Welcome to the forum Shawn. Looks like you are only a little south of me.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

GAmillworker

Welcome

Thanks for the introduction
Thank the Lord for second chances

Hewer of Wood

Thanks guys.
21incher, yep not far from Marion at all. Just a hop skip and a jump away. I'll try and get some pics up soon.
I know the rule. No pics it didn't happen.
1997 Timber Harvester 1967 Pettibone Super 8 and too much sawdust. Joshua 9:21

78NHTFY

Welcome Shawn--you picked a good place to hang out....All the best, Rob.  BTW, lived in Waterloo (Belgium, that is) for 5 years, in another life.
If you have time, you win....

redbeard

Welcome Shawn your operation sounds great! Look forward to hearing more.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!