iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clutch Slipping ??

Started by Magicman, July 07, 2015, 07:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That must be the problem because since if finished my Cabin Bedroom Project, I have been having trouble getting my butt in gear. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

This heat will definitely make your clutch slip. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

luvmexfood

I call that the BIG problem. Can't get my Butt In Gear.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

redprospector

I've found that if before I start in the morning, I put my butt in gear and then start with it already in gear I can go. It's a little hard on the starter though, and you have to be careful when shifting gears.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thecfarm

My get up and go has gone up and went.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

About the time that you get your butt in gear you will be at the Pig Roast. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Good thought.  Three weeks.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

I remember my Granddad claiming to have "Dropsy and heart failure", dropped his butt in the chair and don't have the heart to make it get up.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Hilltop366

You got to learn to park on a hill so you can get a rolling start. ;D

Magicman

I started slowly and tapered off today.  Sawing tomorrow and a guy called this AM with a ~10Mbf framing lumber & wall paneling job.  (building a new home)

Holmes

I prefer the " Start late and Quit early" option for work these days.  :)
Think like a farmer.

coxy

Quote from: Holmes on July 08, 2015, 03:58:42 PM
  I prefer the " Start late and Quit early" option for work these days.  :)
start at 3 quit at 305 or is 305 over time  :D :D

drobertson

Mojo can be like grabbing the air at times, humidity can take all the mojo even before starting,  I'm still not sure if its my clutch or slave cylinder, but between the rain, then sun and humidity as much as I hate to say it, fall can come in any time now.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I shoulda kept my mouth shut.  Another call this PM with 4-5Mbf of SYP.  He said 40-50 logs all to be sawn into 1X6's, 1X8's & 1X10's.  I plan to start it on the 16th. 

sandsawmill14

magicman sounds like you better get that clutch adjusted :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

SawyerBrown

Some days I can't get it out of Reverse ...
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

sandhills

Really?  There's other gears?  :D

yukon cornelius

:D I need to get my butt in gear as well. some days all I can do is grind the gears.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

chet

I'm ta da point that I may hafta try synthetic, I think my old grease is just too thick ta let da gears turn.   :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WDH

Ah, so that explains it  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fat olde elf

With your birthday coming up soon, I can guarantee that  your clutch will increase to slip even more.
However I will continue to admire your industrious nature. 72 is not old, just older.....You are a real role model for all ages !!!!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Delawhere Jack

"If you can't find em, grind em!" (old saying).

Thank You Sponsors!