iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very nice day with my granddaughter!!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, July 05, 2015, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Took my oldest,6yr old, on a little trip to my home made house boat today! Fished from 10 till noon, grilled some hot dogs and back on the water for more fishing! She caught 11 fish, crappie and white perch!! Swam at the beach before we left!! Oh I only got 3 total!! She is still telling the story! Nice to have time with just her! 8)
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sandsawmill14

sounds like a great day 8) any time you get to spend a day fishing with a kid is a day to remember :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

21incher

Those kind of days are the ones she will remember forever. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WV Sawmiller

WH,

Those are always special days. I have 3 granddaughters (3, 7 & 9) and they are a hoot on the water. I frequently hook a fish while they aren't watching and ask them to hold it for me then they realize a fish on and we argue over whose fish it is since my pole but they "caught" it. Of course they always win. The girls like to catch and hand me bait out of the bait bucket or live well (if using live bream for catfish bait). If catfish for big fish I get the fish in the net then let the kids "catch" him an dpull him in the boat even though sometimes it really does take a lot of effort for kids that age to land a 5-15 lb fish. Much bigger than that is more than they can handle.

When fishing was slow with my kids near that age we always had back up plans - visit the sandbar and look for mussel shells, go look for baby birds or eggs in the hypericum (sp) bushes growing on the old tree stumps in the lake, go shoot snakes in the willows or rocks (Kinder/Gentler me has since renounced such activities) or run the boat into the cattails and catch the big green rain frogs living here. With the girls now if no fish we still have similar things they can go do around the lake.

The goal is not to catch fish - it is for the kids to have fun. Congratulations and keep up the good times.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

That sounds like a fantastic day!  My grand daughter is only 3 months old so it will be a while before I get to do the same,  I bet she tells everyone about it, that's a big day for a young girl with grandpaw!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!