iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered CS 2255 chain issue

Started by DuaneV, July 01, 2015, 12:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuaneV

So I haven't owned a saw in 22 years.  I recently purchased the Jonsered CS 2255 and Ive used it about 10 total hours to cut up an apple tree and some pine branches.  I recently had an arborist drop 3 big branches off my elm and Ive been cutting them up.  Today Im cutting and the chain binds on me.  I adjust the tension, start the saw and it immediately binds again.  I took the cover off, checked the clutch, etc., and I can find anything wrong.  Anyone have an ideas on what Im missing?  Thanks in advance!

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Not much of a clue at the moment, but hang tight, and help will soon develop.

Probably will need more info about what led up to the binding. Did the chain come off the bar while you were cutting?

I'd suggest removing the chain and the bar, and be sure the groove in the bar is clean, and that the chain moves freely around the bar when moved by hand.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dougand3

Good suggestions above. Does saw run properly w/o bar chain on? Check bar sprocket - it probably has oil hole to lube. Check chain closely to see that every rivet rotates - sometimes one will be seized (This is normally from rust).
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

SawTroll

I guess we at least need some good pictures of the bar and chain (seperated) to say much about this - but I got a hunch that it may be about buildup of fine sawdust in the bar slot and oiler holes.

How often do you take the bar and chain off, and clean everything?
Information collector.

zandoval

Quote from: dougand3 on July 02, 2015, 09:45:54 AM...Check chain closely to see that every rivet rotates - sometimes one will be seized...

Yep.. I once had two links at different places frozen on a brand new chain. Now days I do a very close inspection of a new chain before I leave the store with it...
No matter where you're at... There you are...

Thank You Sponsors!