iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I saw it happen

Started by Magicman, July 01, 2015, 08:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Finally.  I engaged the clutch yesterday and before I started moving forward, the blade broke between the blade guides.  In that instant, I saw it separate.

Never has and probably never will happen again.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

:D  Good question, but when stuff happens like that it's hard to even capture it with the mind.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I've had them break on start-up, it's usually contained, but the blade could really go anywhere.

I'd much rather have the blade break in the cut!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kellysguy

Stop starin' at things !!! Your use of, "Considerable snake-eye'd concentration" could prove deadly!!! :D

When I lived in TX, a buddy and I were in his garage during a rain storm, drunk and staring at a tree about 25 yards away....KAA BLAAAAAAAAAAM !!!!!! electricuted-smiley  .......tree got smoked...

"Uhhhh, I think it's time to go inside....and don't look at me......"

That has happened more than once to me...the lightening thing that is... ;D

Wick

Timber Harvester 30HT25

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

No, not new.  Probably resharpened 5-6 times.  Many times I will hear one or it will start sawing rough, but this one gave no indication.  In have had plenty of blades to break, but never one that separated before my eyes.   ;D

Peter Drouin

I had a hard day on blades today.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

drobertson

I've seen it, and like a thread from some time back it will make ya flinch!  Just pray that the B-57 does not get eat up,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

kellysguy

Magicman

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 01, 2015, 06:19:37 PM
If you are in a race, I do not want to win.   :o

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Magicman on July 01, 2015, 07:32:44 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 01, 2015, 06:19:37 PM
If you are in a race, I do not want to win.   :o

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Older blades, did not like cutting hemlock today.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Kbeitz

The one and only blade that I had brake on me stabbed into a 2x6 and sunk in about 1" deep.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!