iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

returning a favor

Started by Klicker, June 30, 2015, 06:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klicker

Just spent the last two days returning a favor. I took my mill down the road to help a friend  mill wood for a new tractor shed.He is the forth generation to log the land with horses.  Once when we where milling there I commented how nice a wood lot it was his grandfather said the last time that part was logged he thought he was in his   20s or 30s  a couple of weeks latter was his 93 birthday. 8)
2006 LT 40 HD

bkaimwood

Klicker, unfortunately you are from a dying breed...few anymore truly do and appreciate the things that truly matter...I'll be back, but have to go get a tissue...allergies are bad this time of year...
bk

Magicman

And thanks for sharing your story.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Klicker

I don't take my mill on the road any more. I only use it a couple of hours every couple weeks to mill stuff to take to the farmers market. and the odd time someone drops in with something to mill.  I do enjoy running the mill and liked to travel around and meet new people while milling for them. But I found I could do better milling and making things to sell at the market. Our woodlot is FCS and Rainforest Alliance certified.People are starting to ask where wood products come from. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!