iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Don't tell PETA

Started by Jeff, June 30, 2015, 12:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmarch

Anybody want some cats, at last count we have 16 kittens born this spring and at least 1 more litter due anytime.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: tmarch on July 02, 2015, 07:38:38 PM
Anybody want some cats, at last count we have 16 kittens born this spring and at least 1 more litter due anytime.

"How about----------- No."
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Gary_C on July 02, 2015, 05:05:15 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 02, 2015, 07:27:56 AM

Woods not a back yard.

Does the owner of "Woods" allow you to dump your problems in his Woods?

When I ran a dairy farm, people (most likely from the local towns) would dump their unwanted cats, kittens, puppies, and dogs out at the end of our driveway expecting us to care and feed their problem animals. Needless to say, we did not appreciate the unwanted dumping of problem animals in rural areas.  :)

:D :D :D :D  thought we were talking WILD animals, Not dogs and cats, That's all full to let a dog or cat go in the woods. I have 2 places one is govement land, I think 5 sq miles. The other Is a man  I know with 2,500 A. And he don't care. I drive way in and let all kinds of WILD animals go. I know all the logging roads in town too. :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Gary_C

We were talking about humans relocating animals to solve our own needs. All I am saying is man has a very poor track record when it comes to managing and relocating animals to suit our needs. It's the law of unintended consequences whether you have permission or not.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

you must be getting mine to I have not seen any in 3 days :D  and no pics it did not happen  ;) :D :D 8) 8) 8) :)  boss you will have your gift before the party  :)

Ljohnsaw

After reading this thread (back when it was on the first day), I went up to my property.  I picked up a 8x8x14' box off of a truck to use as storage.  All aluminum with a roll-up door.  I put lots of hardware for my cabin build into it to free up some space in my garage.  There was still some space left so I put my big ATV in it along with my son's little 90.  I put my helmet on the cargo box on my ATV and my son's on the shelf unit next to his.

We go up a week later and there are droppings all over the place with some dried urine as well.  I pick up my son's  helmet and there is a partially chewed paper wasp nest  :-\ and the little bugger chewed some of the soft cover off his chin strap.  Fortunately, he didn't chew the strap.

So, I took Jeff's lead and set this out for him/them...

Peanut Butter Ritz Bits for bait...

Hoping to get up there soon to check on it.  I don't see any way into the truck box - little buggers!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WmFritz

This thread got by me and I wish I'd seen it sooner. I think I could beat your count Jeff if we went head to head. I been on this property for nearly 30 years and I've never seen the DanG things so thick. Last year was the heaviest acorn crop I've ever had too.

My dog spends all day in the woods hunting from log to stump. Every few days she gets lucky and catches a chipmunk. When she's in the house looking out the glass doors, she looks like she's watching a tennis match, as they run back and forth on the deck.

When I fired up my boat in the driveway this Spring, I had a 5# coffee can full of acorns blow out of the exhaust.  >:(
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Howdy

The local People Eating Tasty Animals want to know the latest count.
I also would like to place my order for a Buckskin Jacket, fur lined of course.

Jeff

I've ceased my trapping fir now. It was never my goal to wipe them out, just to stop the problems they were causing, which I seem to have done. I still have a bag of seeds just in case.

Corley5

A long term firewood client was really pleased with/proud of his pet chipmunks to the point he was buying peanuts by the 50# bag for them.  Within a couple seasons he realized what he'd done and was live trapping and relocating them.  He's got the population back to an acceptable level now.  He didn't say how many he'd trapped or if he had to resort to lethal means of control. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

deadfall

I'm still working on getting my population out of control.  My guys don't work for peanuts.

W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Jeff

You got the seeds, yer just missing half a pail of water!  :)

deadfall

I get the seeds by the 50# bag too.
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Ljohnsaw

Forgot to post an update earlier.  What I thought was a chipmunk turned out to be a big rat!  I don't know how he got in the truck box - I closed it up and didn't see any light shining through anywhere.  This guy was big but before the trap got him, he left his calling card all over my atv :-X
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

A mouse got into my shop which is impossible, that is until I accidentally left the door open one night.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Al_Smith

Those little darlins managed to fill the air filter box of my deceased wife's Cadillac up with seeds .To make matters worse they also deposited the Decon I tried to feed them .That didn't work  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!