iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chipper question

Started by slider, June 28, 2015, 07:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

My partner and I purchased a used wood chuck w-19.My question is about the top feed drum .When you crowd it any at all it stops turning.The bottom drum works fine.There is some type of valve that is connected to this drive motor but I am not sure of it"s purpose or how to check if it"s working properly.Anyone had this problem ?
al glenn

slider

we found the problem.The motor allen screws were not tight letting the motor slip.
al glenn

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Keep on chippin' Al.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

Chippin in july in the south is not fun.It was 96 yesterday .
al glenn

Ron Scott

I can agree with that. Not much fun anywhere at these high temps.
~Ron

slider

This machine has increased our production quiet a bit.We have cut our time on a job so much by adding this tool but there is a problem.The customer /home owner some times gets involved and want's to help.I am not comfortable with someone other than us around this machine.The last thing we want is someone getting hurt.I already know the answer but how do you pro's handle this.Thanks.Al
al glenn

brendonv

I too wonder why homeowners think two guys wearing safety gear head to toe running a 15" chipper makes it ok for them to try to sneak branches in while they are in sports shorts and sandels.

I aways shut down and tell them i dont plan on anyone getting killed today so please get out of my way.

I do not take it lightly and sure dont sugar coat it. Problem with that and well pack up our stuff and leave.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

UpInATree

I'm with BrendonV here.  Not only is it a safety hazard, your insurance doesn't anticipate Non employees in the work zone....not to mention the damage that can be caused by the homeowner raking up piles to stuff into your chipper - with rocks!  
Wood-mizer LT70HD D55 Wireless, Wood-Mizer ED-26, A whole bunch of Stihls. Alaskan Mill 74",  Bucket Truck, Log Truck, Chippers, trailers, dump trucks,   Kubota M9540, L3010D and B7510. Cord King.   Learning Timberframing under Jim Rogers

slider

So true UpInA tree . At 43 bucks a knife x 4 we just shovel that stuff in the dump.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!