iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plane crash in Alaska

Started by gspren, June 27, 2015, 09:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Yesterday early morning when I heard about the crash it caused a few tense hours here as my brother and his wife were there. We were relieved to learn they were safe but sad for the families that don't get that "I'm OK" call. They were on the nearest ship to the crash and stayed on standby until rescue craft arrived, earlier in the day my SIL took the same excursion flight while brother went fishing.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandhills

Hadn't heard about this yet, glad your family's ok, terrible for the ones that aren't.  When I was 14 I got to go to Alaska and flew back, the first stretch was in a little 5 seater and I got to be the "co pilot" for her, she died in a crash later that year  :'(.  I think of that often because I love to fly and for a 14 year old that was the chance of a lifetime to able to sit up there with her and read all the gauges and what not, she was a very experienced pilot it's terrible when these things happen.

Magicman

It is so sad when "fun" turns to "tragedy". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Read about it in news article when in the process of planning out a trip with my sons come next June 2016.
Our tentative plans are to get to Ketchikan and spend a week sightseeing from there... mostly by booking plane flights. Breathtaking scenery, and sure sorry to hear of the sad outcome for these 4 couples from that cruise ship and the pilot. Sobering, to say the least.

http://news.yahoo.com/9-killed-plane-crashes-sightseeing-trip-alaska-134819934.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

nmericle53

What a tragedy. A wonderful vacation that turned into a nightmare. Prayers for the families involved.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Chuck White

Condolences to all family members involved!

Sad but true, there are quite a few plane crashes in Alaska, but then they have more private planes per capita than any place else!

When I was stationed there ('85-'89), it was said that 1 in 5 families owned and airplane!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tule peak timber

When I fished AK , all of our parts were flown in by float plane. On another adventure in the late 70's we ravaged several  small planes in Sitka at same time by swinging a Convair 880 around at the end of the runway.Thankfully no loss of life , which is a real tragedy. AK will always be tied to aircraft and boats.....Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!