iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member here!

Started by Chuck G, June 26, 2015, 12:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck G

Joined today.  Always loved the outdoors and such and now that the wife and I are nearing retirement, it's time to get out of this concrete jungle.  Figured this would be a great place to meet others that enjoy the outdoors and could help teach me a few things.

Chuck
Found Our Heaven in Montana.

justallan1

Chuck, welcome to the Forestry Forum.
There's lots of great folks here and lots of info to be had for the asking.
What kind of things are you looking into for your retirement?

Chuck G

First thing we are looking to do is buy some property and build a log home.  Something we can leave the kids.  Also looking to be a little more self sufficient, get away from the rush, rush, rush attitude.  Looking to build a shop where I can play more with wood and metal and build things with my hands.

thecfarm

Hello Chuck G,welcome to the forum. Have fun with your retirement.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Welcome to the F F don't count on being retired for long soon you will have more to do than you have time. That's how my retirement is working
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SawyerBrown

Welcome Chuck, and congrats on your upcoming escape from the concrete jungle!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Chuck G!

You'll find, like most of us older members have, that you'll be busier after retirement than you are while you're still working.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Chuck G.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Chuck G

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I look forward to the knowledge and friendships. 

sandhills

Welcome to the forum, believe me if you can ask it, someone here can answer it, a great bunch of helpful folks here.

sandsawmill14

welcome to the forum    first off when you get your land found you will need to get a sawmill chainsaw tractor/fel  then a bigger sawmill bigger chainsaw and so on :D  :D  :D  thats just the way it works :D
good luck with your endeavor smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Autocar

Welcome Chuck to the forum, if you like forest products your in the right spot  :D.
Bill

Magicman

Hello Chuck G, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nmericle53

Welcome to the forum Chuck. Lots of wonderful people on here. These people are truly amazing and will help you with any questions or concerns.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

78NHTFY

Welcome to the Forum, Chuck G.  This is a place where you will find that small town feeling.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!