iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need to beg/borrow a cummins 555 injector seat cutter

Started by mmartone, June 25, 2015, 03:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Hey guys, anybody got an injector seat cutting tool so I can reseat some injectors? Thanks!!

mixduptr@hotmail.com
850-774-4742
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

beenthere

MMartone
Might be good if you'd just suggest a PM, rather than listing your email and phone number.  just sayin...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gearbox

I thought all Cummins had a replacable copper cup in the bottom of the injector hole and that was the seal . the O rings sealed the fuel rail . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

mmartone

The o-rings seal the fuel but the injector body seals the compression at the copper. I have air in my return fuel and so have a leak, compression into my return fuel.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

4x4American

Did you try your local diesel repair shop?  There's a place in Cazenovia, NY, Ralph's Diesel, who specialize in rebuilding injection pumps/injectors.  They'll know what to do.  Give them a call to pick their brain they'll help all they can over the phone.  (315) 655-3702
Boy, back in my day..

mmartone

I am a diesel repair biz. Nobody local has the tool kit, not the local head shop, not even cummins mid south. Going to use and old injector and lap the seats tomorrow I guess. That should solve the problem. Problem is this is antique stuff, not many around or in service anymore, never a well like engine, heavy, low power.

Thank You Sponsors!