iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic Boomerang Walnut!! Timing is everything!!

Started by Andy White, June 23, 2015, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

A little history on this project. I built my solar kiln last spring, and during that project, Magic Man kept saying he wanted to see some Walnut in the first load. He invited Nancy and me to come to their cabin and we would go get a Walnut tree. We did. After sawing the wood, it was air dried for about five months, then  it went in the kiln. I pulled it with the Red Oak when I started Nancy's display cabinet. After finishing her project, and before starting Austin's cabinets, Lynn was starting his bedroom project at the cabin. I knew right away what I was going to do with some of that Walnut. Cut and prepped all the stock, and glued the top panels. I then contacted another forum member about helping me on this project. She said yes, and I took the tops to Martha White Nelson{sister}
I wanted something unique, and what better than an inlay of the state flower and tree of the great state of Mississippi? I cut the thin leaf stock for her using 4 woods, Magnolia, Holley, White Oak, and Walnut. She done her magic, using a total of 17 pieces per flower!! No Way I would even try that!!  I completed the night tables, then started Austin's project. As Lynn got nearer to finishing his cabin addition, I knew we would finish at about the same time. We did, and now for a visit and a delivery. We will be leaving tomorrow for Mississippi. Lynn is probably at the cabin now, so you all get to see them first.

These were a real treat for me, and Lynn, I hope you and Pat will enjoy them for a long time!!
You and Pat are the best!!!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Andy

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

gww

Wow. what a nice gift.  Have a good trip.
gww

gfadvm

I love the table design and the magnolia flowers are extra special. Maybe you need to come visit me for some trees :)

WDH

That was a very kind thing to do.  They look great. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

Great looking tables! Thank you for sharing.  You are a kind person!

sandsawmill14

:o great job on the tables  smiley_thumbsup cant wait to see magic mans response  ;D   try to get a pic of his face when he sees them :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

yukon cornelius

Awesome! You do some amazing work! He is going to love that
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bill Gaiche

Andy, you and Nancy are some special people. Making joy come to someone else's heart and soul. Those are some very beautiful tables. Martha you really put the finishing touch on those tables. bg

thecfarm

Two forum members get together to give a fine looking gift to a member.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Martha White Nelson

Sure would love to see Pat and Lynn's faces when Andy and Nancy give those tables to them.  Andy has been holding back on posting these pictures for some time now.  We finished the tables a couple of months ago, but he wanted them to be a surprise, and for that reason, he didn't post his project throughout the making of them.  I know he's been chomping at the bit to post and get them to Mississippi.  Since Lynn's internet is down, and the surprise wouldn't be spoiled, he posted the pictures then left promptly for the delivery.  They should arrive at Pat and Lynn's sometime today!
Martha

Den-Den

You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

21incher

Amazing craftsmanship and a very beautiful design. I think they will love them. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coalsmok

Dave H.

Jemclimber

lt15

Andy White

Made it to Lynn's about 10.30 yesterday. They just finished cutting the grass, and the place looked great. Went inside for the " grand opening ".

Every thing worked out with the traveling, no scratches , or scuffs. This is the end of my really fun and secret project.  Thanks   Andy 8) 8) 8)

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Lud

Great tables, great surprise, great pics.  It doesn't get any better....! 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

nmericle53

It was the first time he had kept a secret that long without letting the cat out of the bag! (old saying)
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

sandsawmill14

those are really nice tables i know they will enjoy them glad yall had a good trip :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

SawyerBrown

Beautiful work!  Really beautiful gift from the hands and heart!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Bill Gaiche

Indeed very nice. Those are some really pretty tables. bg

SawyerBrown

Just one question, though ... why did you put those skinny little maple legs under such a nice table.  Oh, wait ... that's Magicman ... sorry, my mistake.   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

dablack

Quote from: SawyerBrown on June 26, 2015, 01:58:50 PM
Just one question, though ... why did you put those skinny little maple legs under such a nice table.  Oh, wait ... that's Magicman ... sorry, my mistake.   ;D

When I read the first sentence, I was thinking "how rude!".....

You got me with that one.  I laughed!

Tables look great.  Very impressive!
Building my own house in East TX

nmericle53

That's my first thought...how rude. You have to read between the lines sometimes so I had to go back to picture and sure enough I see those legs you are talking about. Funny!

SawyerBrown

Well, I wasn't sure that there isn't some kind of an unwritten rule about having some fun with the Magicman ... but I can just play dumb.  Although the Mrs SawyerBrown says I'm not playing at it ... I take it very seriously!   :D

Magicman

The surprise was well carried out, the tables are awesome, and the Magnolia inlays are fabulous. (Thanks Martha)

Both of us slept quite soundly last night with those nightstands keeping us company.

Thank you Andy, Nancy, and Martha.  FF Friends are the "Besiest" friends of all.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Gdaddy

Great looking tables! A labor of true friendship.
TK 1220 mill
Massy Ferguson 40 tractor

nmericle53

Martha you did a beautiful job. Can't wait to see the next one.

Martha White Nelson

Thank you, Nancy and Andy for letting me be a part of this.  It has been hard not to spoil the surprise for Lynn and Pat.  I really loved doing the Magnolia inlays, too.

Lynn and Pat, I hope you enjoy the tables for many years to come.  It was a pleasure helping make them for y'all!
Martha

Magicman

Pat wanted "tall" lamps to go on those nightstands, and she found them.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

Sounds like "icing on the cake" to me. I know they look good.   Andy

nmericle53

samandothers

What a gorgeous looking set of tables. By a great group of folks for a well deserving couple! smiley_clapping

Magicman

Quote from: nmericle53 on June 30, 2015, 10:06:03 PM
PICTURES????????
I could take them here but it would not be in the right setting.  There will be pictures after the 4th.   ;D

LINK to Pictures

Thank You Sponsors!