iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Box

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, June 22, 2015, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

I've been wanting to build a box to hold my saws, files, chains, bars, tools, and safety gear for a while now. I use our Polaris Ranger now as a mobile tool box and all my cutting stuff just kind of gets tossed in the back. It's a pain if my wife needs to use it for gardening etc. to unload everything all the time. I picked up a small Knack job bax that had seen better days. I gave it a few coats of paint:

Put in a plywood "floor" with dividers screwed onto it to position things a little better:

My Husky bag that came with one of my saws holds my jacket, chaps, helmet and gloves and fits inside on top of everything else (it's the first thing to come out when working):

Added a few stickers to the box yesterday before going to visit the Dad's. Still need to add my FF stickers:

beenthere

That's pretty neat. So now your wife only has to unload the box to use the Ranger. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DeerMeadowFarm

Well, we either both have to unload the box or I have to fork it out. That thing is HEAVY!  ;)

goose63

DearMeadowFarm I put a box like that on the end of my sawmill trailer now don't do like I did came in for supper for got the lid open and it just had to rain that night
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Bruno of NH

DMF
Looks like an uptown job .
I like it .
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Looks nice. If you are going to be storing gas in it I would add some high and low cross flow vents to be safe. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

gspren

Looks like a candidate for a FF sticker.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

marine5068

Nice job.
Diddo on some air flow holes. Maybe drill some in the bottom so if it gets a soaking it'll drain.
FF stickers for sure and some reflective stickers so you don't walk into it at night.
I'm waiting to see what you design next. A lifting lug on that box for an overhead hoist? Hmmm...
Envirofire Evolution pellet stove
Century 2000 wood stove
Stihl MS291 18"
Stihl 044 28"
Forest King 30 ton logsplitter
Yardworks 4 ton electric wood-splitter
Echo SRM-3500
Kobalt 40v pole saw
Stihl FS 56
Black Knight splitting axe
Stanley vintage maul
Estwing hatchet w/sheath

Defosse

What are the dimensions of this box. Love this idea.

DeerMeadowFarm

It's roughly 42x20x20

Thank You Sponsors!