iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got the 3120xp home today

Started by Timberwerks, September 14, 2004, 03:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timberwerks

Wow what a monster! I bought this to use for milling but I am breaking it in with a 36" bar bucking some large logs. So far I am very pleased but also very sore from the extra weight compared to a 385 I have been using. I have the 404 chain on it now but I will be using 3/8 in the future. The power head is very well built and shows great workmanship. The only compliant I have is I prefer the inboard clutches. I think this saw will be perfect for a sawmill. The lever for more oil flow is a little fussy to ingage but I'm getting the hang of it.

I hope this little review helps those looking at larger saws for mills.

Dale

Bobcat_pa

Timberwerks:  you made that sound so good I had to pull the Husky catalog and look at specs.    22.9 lbs (powerhead only), 119 cc.    Wow.
bob

Lorax

I've had my 3120XP for 1.5 years now and it works great on the chainsaw mill. :)

The only things I have replaced so far are the spark plug and air filter.

I plan on taking it to my dealer late this fall to have it thoroughly checked over before the 2 year warranty runs out.

Furby

Yep, a real monster of a saw!  ;D
For a guy my size it's a lot to haul around, but the truth is I got used to it. I don't use it much, but it can REALLY cut when ya need it!!!

Thank You Sponsors!