iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hi all

Started by nz1h, June 18, 2015, 11:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nz1h

Hi
I'm new here, sort of.  Been lurking for 4 yrs i guess.  I don't have a sawmill yet, but I have to collect parts to build one. I'm in Greeneville area of Tn. Started logging when I was 12 yrs old at the time until about 18 yrs old, got my first chain saw when I was 13. Had a ball with it and never got hurt. also worked on his sawmill.  Cutting mostly railroad ties.
I wanted a mill for a long time, but am to cheap to just buy one. In building one I hope to teach my youngest boy
how to weld and fab. things.  Later hope he uses the mill to make money for himself.
alain

Hilltop366

Welcome from Nova Scotia, happy building!

dgdrls

Welcome aboard nz1h,  teaching your children skills for a lifetime is a great investment.
It also pays dividends later-on, 

You building a band or circle style mill?

Best
DGDrls
Central NY

Magicman

Thanks for the intro alain, now don't be a stranger.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Alain.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

justallan1

Alain, welcome from Montana.

YellowHammer

Good to have you chip in, welcome
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Ox

Hello there and welcome.  More than enough info on this site and many very smart fellas to help you build what you need here!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

nz1h

thank you for the warm welcome.  dgdrls I'm building a bandsaw mill because I already worked on a cir. saw mill, and it is easier to move a band saw mill.  Our oldest is having a baby and its our first grandchild. Wife wants to move closer to them just to spoil the baby LOL.  :D

rooster 58

Welcome to the forum  Alain ;)

Magicman

Happy Birthday rooster 58.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, nz1h. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

teed

Välkommen (swedish) hi and welcom
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Buffer

Welcome nz1h, this site sure helped me alot when building mine. Lots of know how here, just not much from me.
Stihl 026, Homemade Log Arch, LSG3033H FEL, Bandsaw fabrication in progress. Now Done. Thats a First

Dudaks

Welcome Alain!! Great idea to get your son involved! Will look forward to the build.

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum nz1h. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

samandothers

Welcome!  I am sure you already know how much info there is here.  Glad you joined so you can share your knowledge!

Thank You Sponsors!