iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

nuthing fancy

Started by etat, September 13, 2004, 10:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

The wife won't let me turn them fish loose in the pond.  Says they oughta stay in that aquarium.  And it's been sitting in the floor since we moved in here.  Worrying me to death wanting me to fix her a stand.

This evening I took the old stand, which was an old wore out dresser, added some 3/4 oak ply, a few strips of pine, did  a bit of decorating on er, and threw on a couple coats of poly.

No fancy joinery, just glue and finish nails.  I needed quick, not fancy.

Low and behold, the dang thing turned out pretty good.

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

etat

Oh yeah, I bet somebody here can guess or knows how I made them spots.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

CHARLIE

My guess is that you hired that Ozark Mechanic with the welding torch to decorate it for you. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

etat

Them answers were about as quick as I took to do it"!!!!!  I just grabbed that propane  torch I been making gutters with. 8) 8)

Paul_H

My next guess was 12 gauge packed with little fish
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

etat

leweee

CK.... looks like a speckled trout fish stand :D :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Stephen_Wiley

My guess is you were kneeling on the left side using your right hand - o - your a 'south paw ' kneeled in
the center. :D

(Not as many spots on the right front face)

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

etat

carefull Stephen, ya starting to sound like my wife, and yer correcton the first count..  Dang, can't I slip nothing by? ;D

I just KNEW yall was gonna make fun of me. :D

etat

Just received this message,  HA! 8) 8) 8)

Dere Mssr CK:>>>>>>>>>  

Let me introduce myself. I am nikuboboobob  wabario. I am will be need such a property  as your magnificent wonderful one of a kind absolutely amazing piece. presently represent. very urgently and I wish to express send to you a certifiable bank cheque drawn on the Bank of The Upper or Lower Side Spaghetti  in the amount of  50,000,000,000 US Genuine Dollars that my agent  collected for some diamonds he sold in New York at the corner of Fifth and Madison. You may know the location    

I am hoping that and we can make business.  

Thanking you as your trusting friend  

nikuboboobob    

iain

i use glue myself when sticking wood together
i find it quicker to scrap of squeeze out than grind of welding spatter
but each to there own :D

etat

the best welding rods for wood comes from willow trees. :).

Bro. Noble

Ck,

On the otherhand,  I prefer welding rods for water witching rather than willow sticks :D :D   I don't really believe in that stuff,  but I can do it and am called upon from time to time to locate waterlines ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

DouginUtah

I'm with you 100% Noble.

Many years ago I laughed at a Utah Power guy using welding rods to find a buried line. Instead of getting mad at me he taught me the art of witching. I was a non-beliver but after I found I could do it, I became a true believer. I formed my set of welding rods and in my prime I could locate a buried 2-pair telephone cable.  8)

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

SwampDonkey

Ck:

Nice pictures of your work. The cupboard turned out great in my view. As I read through the thread and looked at the first picture it reminds me of that mother of mine that was always covering every wood surface with that sticky paper or slapping a coat of paint over a wood surface.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

QuoteNice pictures of your work. The cupboard turned out great in my view.

Thanks Swamp, I appreciate that!  

To everybody that wuz making fun of my artistical genus design.........

HA! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!