iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Advanced Lumber Drying in eastern TN, Nov 11-12, ,2015

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, June 14, 2015, 06:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

More info to follow.  Topic outline...

Achieving The Objective of Drying--How strawberries, underwear and dried lumber are related

Drying Quiz (25 key questions and discussion)

How Drying Affects Subsequent Yields, Gluing and Machining

Quality Measurements of Green Lumber (How to identify those factors that affect drying and how to measure incoming lumber quality)

Advanced Concepts Drying--RH, Temperature, and Air Flow (Special emphasis on air flow; mini-quiz and discussion)

Shrinkage (When does green lumber start to shrink?  How does dry lumber shrink?)

Warp--Causes and Cures

Checking--Causes and Cures, with Emphasis on Oak

Stain--Causes and Cures, with Emphasis on Maple and Ash

Steaming Walnut (and a few other species) for Color Enhancement (Equipment and techniques)

Advanced Operations--Kiln Start-Up; Schedules; Equalizing and Conditioning

Thick Lumber Drying

Moisture Content Measurement (How 30 readings accurately predict the average and spread of MC for the entire load)

Dry Lumber Quality Measurements  (What to measure and what records to keep so that the next load is better)

How I Evaluate a Drying Operation (My personal check-list with explanations--stacking, air drying, predrying, kiln drying)

Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

sandsawmill14

gene  let us know when you get the registration info  i would love to attend if at all possible :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

flatrock58

2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!