iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello, new member here

Started by Dixon700, June 13, 2015, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixon700

Hello everybody. I just joined the forum to become more educated. I don't even cut wood for heat anymore, but my uncle and grandfather and neighbor all did so I used to cut a bit of fire wood. My grandfather still burns wood. So i. Free time I'll probably cut some wood. I have a ms 460 magnum that I just got back to working condition and bought a 010av that I need to rebuild the carb I believe. There's lots of good information on the site.
Ms 460 mag 25" b/c muffler modded 010av  14" b/c
94 case 580sk 04.5 ram 2500

yukon cornelius

Welcome to the family  :) this site is full of great people!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

PineNut

Welcome aboard Dixon700. If you are looking for information, you have come to the right place. There are many members that have information on many different topics and some (not me) that have a lot of information on many topics. Just be careful that when the sawdust starts to fly that you don't become an addict.

WmFritz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
I found I will never stop learning at this place.  :P
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

21incher

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Dixon700. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Dixon700!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Welcome aboard! Any time you want to cut firewood just stop and visit. ;D
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Bill Gaiche

78NHTFY

Welcome Dixon, to the FF where you can learn, teach, or most anything in between.... :).  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

coxy

Hilltop366

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dixon700

Thanks for the many warm welcomes. I kind of already am an addict. I have no true need to cut wood. I just dislike the many pines on my land and my GPA is getting old so when I get a chance I cut for him. He has an ms310 with 20 inch bar, but complains it's too heavy and wears him out after a cut or 2... so sometime I'll take the 460 up and cut the triaxle load in a few days.  Im like one of the earlier posters. I know a littke about many topics.
Ms 460 mag 25" b/c muffler modded 010av  14" b/c
94 case 580sk 04.5 ram 2500

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Dixon700
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

nmericle53

Welcome to the FF...a place to learn and share. Lots of nice folks on here. A big hello from deep east Texas.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

petefrom bearswamp

A big welcome from the swamp.
Lots of good info here as well as just conversation on a variety of topics
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!