iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.

Started by 21incher, June 11, 2015, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

The rhubarb has been ready for weeks and now my strawberries are starting to ripen. My wife knows that I like strawberry rhubarb pie so she surprised me with a fresh home made one. Blueberries will be next and hopefully blueberry pancakes will follow. One of the reasons I look forward to spring. 8)

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SawyerBrown

Strawberry rhubarb!  My favorite!!  The rhubarb just gives it that little bit of tartness over a plain old strawberry pie.  You are one lucky man!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

why would you ruin a bunch of perfectly good strawberrys  ;D ;D

21incher

Quote from: coxy on June 12, 2015, 06:24:39 AM
Sounds like you don't like the best part. yikes_smiley
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

Looks good! my mouth is watering at the thought of it, ;D  the crust looks perfect too.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Good grief you folks know how to make me hungry!

21incher

Quote from: drobertson on June 13, 2015, 09:40:02 AM
Looks good! my mouth is watering at the thought of it, ;D  the crust looks perfect too.
The crust was perfect. My wife tried out a new crust recipe that was made in her food processor and it was a winner. The next night it was even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. cone_1

thecfarm

That looks good. The wife just made one too. But with last years berries. The berrries won't be ready for about a month.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerBrown

21incher, was just thinking ... we don't know you from Adam, really.  You "say" this pie is delicious, and it certainly looks delicious, but you could be very biased since its your wife's cooking. The only way to be sure is by independent testing and evaluation.  I would gladly volunteer to do a taste test and report back to the FF.  Just have your wife bake another pie (or two) and send it my way.  Note: I'll provide my own ice cream ...

;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Quote from: SawyerBrown on June 14, 2015, 07:23:04 AM
21incher, was just thinking ... we don't know you from Adam, really.  You "say" this pie is delicious, and it certainly looks delicious, but you could be very biased since its your wife's cooking. The only way to be sure is by independent testing and evaluation.  I would gladly volunteer to do a taste test and report back to the FF.  Just have your wife bake another pie (or two) and send it my way.  Note: I'll provide my own ice cream ...

;D
I get my one strawberry rhubarb pie a year and that was it so you have to believe me on that one. I'll put in a order for a extra one next year. The number of pies is directly proportional to the size of her honey do list. :)

SawyerBrown

Magicman

My mouth watered when I read that.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

toto

8) I haven't had that since I was a kid!  My mom used to make pies and can strawberry rhubarb jam!! I loved it year round. It was my favorite above all! 8)
If you love the woods, then that's where you belong!! Using natures resources to make your own is what it's all about!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, toto!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

IndianaJoe

Quote from: coxy on June 12, 2015, 06:24:39 AM
why would u ruin a good rhubarb pie with strawberries

GAB

Quote from: 21incher on June 14, 2015, 08:07:42 AM

I get my one strawberry rhubarb pie a year and that was it so you have to believe me on that one. I'll put in a order for a extra one next year. The number of pies is directly proportional to the size of her honey do list. :)

I'd be letting that list get long!
If you do not believe me, ask my wife.
How does your wife keep her pie making skills sharp if she only makes one pie a year.  Inquisitive minds want to know?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

21incher

Quote from: GAB on June 25, 2015, 08:41:09 AM

How does your wife keep her pie making skills sharp if she only makes one pie a year.  Inquisitive minds want to know?
Gerald

That was my one strawberry rhubarb pie. I also get 1 blueberry pie, 1 peach pie, about 6 apple pies, and a dozen pumpkin / butternut pies ( depending on what is left in the root cellar ) plus a fresh loaf of bread almost every week that keep her skills sharp year round.

GAB

Quote from: 21incher on June 25, 2015, 06:44:55 PM
Quote from: GAB on June 25, 2015, 08:41:09 AM

Gerald

That was my one strawberry rhubarb pie. I also get 1 blueberry pie, 1 peach pie, about 6 apple pies, and a dozen pumpkin / butternut pies ( depending on what is left in the root cellar ) plus a fresh loaf of bread almost every week that keep her skills sharp year round.

Sorry, but the way it was written I got the impression that the oven was not frequently used.  Glad to hear that my assumption was incorrect.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

nmericle53

Never had one but sounds yummy.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Thank You Sponsors!