iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Search help needed

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 04, 2015, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

To anyone and everyone.

I hope this is ok to post here, if not move it to the spot you feel it should be at.

I need some help from someone who has the skill and knowledge of how to search for records.

I may have mentioned in this story: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,75727.0.html that we got a map of the cemeteries in my home town from the Historical committee. What these are, are maps of the cemetery showing where the veterans are buried.
I talked to the committee man who gave the records to me and asked him where he got them. He told me he found them in some old records of the town.

What I'm looking for is help to find this type of record in another town for another veteran's grave officer.

The maps were drawn under a WPA project, and I have a WPA project number for my town and cemetery which is W.P.A. project # 665-14-3-370.

I thought if I used this number it would help me to do a search of the archives and if I could find this project in our town that maybe I could find the similar project in the next town over which is Newbury, MA.

What I'm asking is if any of you know how to search for these records or have the time to help me search for them it would be great.
Any type of help, link or site you can find that will help me to find these cemetery maps of veterans would be great.
I just spend a few minutes trying and I don't have the time today to spend looking at endless links and sites trying to figure out how to find them.
If you have any questions please ask.
If you find an link or site please either pm, list or email it to me.
Thanks

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

clearcut

The expert at finding local information is usually a librarian in the town where the records are for.

Often the local library has copies of WPA records.

Best of luck with your project.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Jim_Rogers

I do know or have met a lady at the archives room in the nearest "main" library. Maybe she can help me.

What I am looking for is a site where I can find maps of the cemetery like this:

I hope this helps you to understand what I'm looking for.

Jim Rogers

kensfarm

Maybe ask some funeral homes to get some leads..  a lot of burial plots are owned & taken care of by churches.  Best of luck. 

johnjbc

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Jim_Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!