iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

baileys

Started by dustyhat, June 03, 2015, 03:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

How long dos it usually take to get your order from them.

Ox

3 days here, I think.  Maybe 2.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

21incher

I quit buying from them when they dropped their support of the Forestry Forum. Before that I ordered a log rite cant hook from them and it took 6 weeks to ship and other orders usually took about 10 days from the time the order was placed to get to NY. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

clww

I've never ordered any "big" items from them, just clothing, chaps, etc. I usually get my order in less than five business days.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

luvmexfood

About 7-8 days from the time it was shipped to arrive in SW Virginia. Quit ordering from them since they dropped their sponsorship. Would have dropped them anyway. I can order from Comstock and have it usually two days after it shipped.

Going to place an order soon with Chainsawr to see there delivery time and order handling.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

HolmenTree

I was left waiting with lots  of back orders from my experiences .
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

dustyhat

Having some of the same issues , first order was two weeks late, called them and it had not been shipped, so i canceled that order and went somewhere else . tried a nother order , well see this round.

CR888

I had to wait ages for stuff on back order, and that is after you check out and have paid them that they inform you it will take xx amount of weeks to get in what you paid for. Then they changed international shipping company and shipping charges more than doubled over night. The last order l paid for was less than a $100 and after l paid they told me the new shipping price was $160......l left my paid order with them and will not ever make a order with them again. Its a shame as they were once fantastic to deal with and dependable.

Ox

The last time I ordered through them was several years ago and my experience was a good one.  From the posts here it sounds like they've slipped.  What a shame.  I will probably give them the benefit of a doubt next time just because it's what I do.  I'll make my own mind up based on my next experience.

I liken it to meeting a new person.  Everyone around may say, "Watch out for this guy!" and he might just become your best friend.  It's hard to say. :)
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

kellysguy

Quote from: Ox on June 04, 2015, 09:57:21 AM

I liken it to meeting a new person.  Everyone around may say, "Watch out for this guy!" and he might just become your best friend.  It's hard to say. :)

That reminds me of the snake joke from Natural Born Killers.

Jeff

I'd like to urge forum members if you can, to order from Comstock Logging.  If you don's see it on the website, CALL THEM!  Also let them know you are a Forum member, so they know they are doing some good here. Their sponsor ad is in the upper right part of the page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BradMarks

Always a good idea to support the sponsors ;)

Jeff

Didn't mean to Leave Pacforest out either. :) I was expounding on the mention of Comstock. :)

www.pacforest.com

Spartan

usually 2 days to process, 3 days to receive after that

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Jeff on June 04, 2015, 11:55:04 AM
I'd like to urge forum members if you can, to order from Comstock Logging.  If you don's see it on the website, CALL THEM!  Also let them know you are a Forum member, so they know they are doing some good here. Their sponsor ad is in the upper right part of the page.
+1 they are good people. baileys has a problem shipping, i can get things from others on the west coast in 2-3 days.

wesdor

I bought chain and bars from Baileys only because they were sponsors. A thread a while back said they had decided the FF wasn't important (or something to that effect).

Next order will go to one of the sponsors on the left.  I keep getting catalogs in the mail from Baileys and figure it isn't worth arguing with their market planning. 

Jeff

Quote from: wesdor on June 04, 2015, 08:21:27 PM
I bought chain and bars from Baileys only because they were sponsors. A thread a while back said they had decided the FF wasn't important (or something to that effect).

The word their new marketing guy used was "Insignificant"

so il logger

Boy, that makes a guy want to spend a few hundred a year ordering from them....... I think maybe things changed allot after the passing of bill the founder

Jhenderson

Within weeks of Bill Bailey death the place went to hell in a hand cart. IMHO.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Jeff on June 04, 2015, 08:44:52 PM
Quote from: wesdor on June 04, 2015, 08:21:27 PM

The word their new marketing guy used was "Insignificant"

That's ok. I send my "Insignificant" money elsewhere. Don't buy a whole lot but pennies make dollars.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

JohnG28

Before coming to this forum I'd never heard of Bailey's and probably never would have seeing it's a little ways from home. I have to imagine something similar is true of a lot of people on here. Guess they'll have to get noticed some other way now.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Ox

I'm guessing maybe someone in the marketing area of Bailey's hasn't learned the significance of the many members here and word of mouth talking about a good company and good service.

Oh well.  No skin off my back.  My next purchases will be through a sponsor here.

It pains me to see good/decent companies crumble when the founder dies.  It seems to be more prevalent than not.

wesdor

Thanks Jeff,
Yes insignificant
And Luvmexfood. You sum up my feelings - I'll take my insignificant money elsewhere

Al_Smith

I just looked up prices .Baileys it seems is extremely proud of Oregon chain .Proud enough to price a 72 driver loop of number 72 about 9 dollars higher than Comstock .

I don't think it's going to work out well  for them . 8)

BTW I learned a long time ago those "bootleg "Stihl parts were a lot higher than going to a dealer .

Grandedog

Howdy All,
   As hard as it is for all of you to see what happened from the outside, it was really discouraging to watch from the inside. I was there for 30 years, and after Bill died, the place was run by the people who could make decisions, not by the people who should make decisions. I think they could turn it around if they wanted to get their hands dirty working. I doubt if they would ever be able to attain the level of industry experience they had because we all work here now.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

Thank You Sponsors!