iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2015 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howdy

I kept getting stuck trying to pack my bags for the Pigroast and it was frustrating.  Then I remembered Blue Creeper was good for getting things unstuck and quicker that a goat can hop a fence, I was done!!!!

The train leaves tomorrow and off I go.  The door prizes are carefully wrapped, I found room for my bib overalls, and even have a jug of actual Pacific Ocean water and sand from the Oregon Coast gathered yesterday.   Over the land I come from the far West - land of Japanese debris washing up on the coast and Computer chips so quick.  Going to see the buffaloes and grain fields, farms that stretch as far as the eye can see, home to the salt of the earth type of folks.  How wonderful it will be to find common ground among yous midwest kinda people.  I just hope to be able to understand the funny way you talk but as long as I can find the outhouse I'm good. 

Here I come and thanks for VOTING FOR ME.

Magicman

Have a safe and joyful trip and we will see you next week.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its a lot of fun just getting ready for the Pig Roast.
We went out tonight and picked up a few things to donate for door prizes.
I'll keep my eyes open for a few more things before setting sail.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

What's the extinguisher for? In case somebody mistakes you for the guest of "honor"? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on July 25, 2015, 10:21:34 PM
What's the extinguisher for? In case somebody mistakes you for the guest of "honor"? :D

You DanG right!

Jeff

Today I went to the Amish general store a few miles away to look for a better regulator for the pig roaster.  I asked to be directed to the guy that knew the most about propane stuff. (Almost any Amishman)  I was directed to the owner. I told him what I was working on, and a little about the Forestry Forum. He became very interested, and when I left, he donated the new $40 regulator, and two boxes of Timber Savage chainsaw files for door prizes.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

nmericle53

I hope I get that fire extinguisher just in case we get some more of that smoking hot Mississippi cedar!
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Gadrock

maybe a mis-understanding, but I though someone made a reference about some people talking funny. I know for a fact I am all right. Even MagicMan can attest to that. It is the others that talk strange.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Busy Beaver Lumber

Decided to make it a combined visit like we did last year. Booked a suite at the Soaring Eagle water park and am treating Daughter, Son-In-Law and Grand Daughter to a fun day at the waterpark on Saturday night and Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you all
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Andries

David - thinking you'll be totally all right.
Quote from: Gadrock on July 26, 2015, 09:40:39 AM
maybe a mis-understanding, but I though someone made a reference about some people talking funny. I know for a fact I am all right. Even MagicMan can attest to that. It is the others that talk strange.

David G

carry on
The roast looks like it might be the "United Nations" of sawyers.
When I met CustomSawyer Jake a while ago, I was worried that there'd be a lot of those "huh?" moments as we compared tips and tricks. Turns out he wasn't a Georgia boy, but from Colorado and his wife was formerly from the Maritimes. So, no problemo, eh?
Jeff - here's what I'll bring along to offer up as a door prize:

Caution: not to be used in close proximity to Go-Pro Goats - lawsuits may be pending.  :D  :D :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff

I'm down to the point where I'm watching the weather every couple hours. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 27, 2015, 05:09:03 PM

I think I saw a slim chance of showers this weekend for the PR.  :)

okmulch

Quote from: Jeff on July 27, 2015, 05:09:03 PM
That just means we get to be up close and personal and learn more about one another under the big tent while we snack on leftovers like we did several years ago.  ;D
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

We have stopped for the evening in Sikeston, MO.  It's 95° and HOT.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Had to look where Sikeston is ...  A slight detour puts you in Peoria about lunch time!  Should we set a couple extra places?  It's only supposed to be 90 here tomorrow.  (Note: that's both temperature and humidity ...).

If not, are you going up I-57?  After Champaign about 50 miles is my home town of Gilman, if you're hungry about then recommend K&H truck stop, good food reasonable price.  (Therefore not sure if they have grits ...  :D). Used to have the best hand-dipped milkshakes, don't think they do that any more.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SawyerBrown on July 27, 2015, 06:25:10 PM
After Champaign about 50 miles is my home .....

After Champaign and 50 miles, any place is my home.  :D :D :D

Jeff

I'm hopiing tor a 10% chance or less for rain for Friday and Saturday so there does not have to BE any tents. That reduces the shore load considerably, and makes it so much nicer in the yard.

chet

As of right now it looks ta be really nice.  :)  But dat still gives da weather man a couple days ta change his mind.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Busy Beaver Lumber

We could always pile in Magicman's fancy camper. That looks like a might fine and spacious unit indeed. :)
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Gadrock

Sure hope the weather holds out dry. The smell of wet goat means it is time to remove that GoatPro camera and prepare for BarBQue...el Cabrita.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

No wet Goat this weekend.
Its gonna be NIIIIIIIIIICE.  :) :) :)

bates

Would like to join you folks, but will be fishing salmon out of Pentwater with the family this weekend.

stanwelch

Last year I attended my first Pig Roast and had a great time. I planned to go again this year. But, my 9 year old grandson from South Carolina came to Michigan for his first visit without the rest of the family. I am leaving Thursday to take him back South and won't be back until next week  ;D happy to see him.  :( sad to miss all you good folks at the Pig Roast. Gotta go next year.
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Thank You Sponsors!