iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2015 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

I am 98 percent sure so count me in.
I cant speak for she who must be obeyed, but by golly want to meet a bunch of you folks.
I think i saw something about motels in the area so will make res.
Oh by the way happy anny on that day
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Andries

I'm in!
Looking forward to my first FF pigroast.
So, lets see, Sparks has the count with him at 52, gspren and Petefrom bearswamp have put up their hands, so that makes it 54, and so Teea and I bring the count up to 56.
Got our stay at the Lakeview confirmed, road trip !!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

petefrom bearswamp

Our first too.
Couple of questions for Jeff
Are adult beverages allowed if consumed in moderation?
Do you need help setting up as I am retarded er retired and can get there a day early.
Can we bring anything in the food or supplies category?
Pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

gspren

Another question for Jeff, can you recommend a doggy daycare in the area? The last times we came to the PR Ginger did fine in the RV all day long but this year she will be 14 years old and just can't hold it like she did when younger, I know the feeling myself.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

rooster 58

What town is it in? I want to see how far of a drive it is. Thanks ;)

Magicman

Harrison, MI.  I get 481 miles.  LINK

Our route for this year is 1155 miles:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on June 27, 2015, 07:57:33 AM
Our first too.
Couple of questions for Jeff
Are adult beverages allowed if consumed in moderation?
Do you need help setting up as I am retarded er retired and can get there a day early.
Can we bring anything in the food or supplies category?
Pete

Adult beverages are allowed, but not to be flaunted or consumed in anyway other than a responsible way. This is a family event but even your host likes a beer now and again. Friday evening, or Saturday evening around the bonfire there is typically a few consumed. :)

Quote from: gspren on June 27, 2015, 08:37:30 AM
   Another question for Jeff, can you recommend a doggy daycare in the area? The last times we came to the PR Ginger did fine in the RV all day long but this year she will be 14 years old and just can't hold it like she did when younger, I know the feeling myself.

If there are any close, I don't have any idea or recommendations as its not something we have ever utilized. The only one I know of is between Coleman and Clare, about 30 minutes from here and I would recommend them as we have Icey groomed there.
https://plus.google.com/107570956085453367630/about?gl=us&hl=en
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gspren

Jeff, For the dog care I did a Google search and came up with Dan's Royal Pet Grooming at 3370 N. Clare Ave., Harrison, MI. I assume that's close. On Monday I'll call and see if they do a daytime boarding on that Saturday. If you know anyone to ask fine otherwise I'll check them out. Getting anxious, I think that pig injected with Blue Creeper helped my knee. :D

tule peak timber

I can not make it to the pig roast. gspren, if you would like help boarding your dog for that Saturday while you visit , let me know and I'd like to pick up the tab for your pooch . Contact me ...
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gspren

Quote from: tule peak timber on June 27, 2015, 07:07:52 PM
I can not make it to the pig roast. gspren, if you would like help boarding your dog for that Saturday while you visit , let me know and I'd like to pick up the tab for your pooch . Contact me ...
A very generous offer but I assure you that I can easily afford the boarding. I had briefly considered boarding her in PA for the whole trip but we've traveled all over the country with her for 14 years and I just don't want to leave her for more than the day.

Magicman

I can not make it to the pig roast....and I'd like to pick up the tab for your pooch . Contact me ...
Since Gary declined your offer, and if it is still open, I would like to accept it.  But I would opt for a "Wife Daycare" facility such as a nearby Factory Store Outlet Mall.  A couple of days would be OK, and to expedite payment you could just send a valid credit card.   ;D  :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Will do ! Is 20 $ "ok" for a few days shopping ? ;D

plasticweld

I am a strong maybe. I would make it a motorcycle trip and it would depend on the weather. The pig roast is 524 miles which makes for a nice ride but not in the rain.

Nomad

Quote from: Magicman on June 28, 2015, 07:13:34 AM
I can not make it to the pig roast....and I'd like to pick up the tab for your pooch . Contact me ...
Since Gary declined your offer, and if it is still open, I would like to accept it.  But I would opt for a "Wife Daycare" facility such as a nearby Factory Store Outlet Mall.  A couple of days would be OK, and to expedite payment you could just send a valid credit card.   ;D  :D :D

Quote from: tule peak timber on June 28, 2015, 08:45:55 AM
Will do ! Is 20 $ "ok" for a few days shopping ? ;D

That would work fine for my wife!  Oh...  Waitaminnit... I don't have one of those anymore. ::)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

tule peak timber

All kidding aside,,,I wish everyone a terrific time at Jeffs ! ;D

Magicman

I would love to meet you and shake your hand.   8)

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: plasticweld on June 28, 2015, 09:40:12 AM
I am a strong maybe. I would make it a motorcycle trip and it would depend on the weather. The pig roast is 524 miles which makes for a nice ride but not in the rain.

Diane and I rode 600 miles in the rain in one day to go to a funeral. Not a good day all the way around.

Diane, BTW, is still undecided but my buddy Gerald and brother Chris and I are riding our Geezer Glides in.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

DR_Buck

@Dan_Shade and I did it last year from VA & MD eastern shore.  Over half the trip in monsoon type rain.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Nomad

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 29, 2015, 06:19:12 AM

Diane and I rode 600 miles in the rain in one day to go to a funeral. Not a good day all the way around.

Diane, BTW, is still undecided but my buddy Gerald and brother Chris and I are riding our Geezer Glides in.

I did it last year from Florida; no problem.  This year I'm taking the truck, but that's for unrelated reasons.  (I can't carry a canoe on the bike.)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

petefrom bearswamp

Hoping I can talk she who must be obeyed into traveling back thru the UP and Canada on our way home.
Getting antsy to get to see all of you!!
Got our res in at a local motel  (cant remember the name) so are all set.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Okrafarmer

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on June 29, 2015, 06:52:46 PM
Hoping I can talk she who must be obeyed into traveling back thru the UP and Canada on our way home.

:o

Yikes-- that sure is the long way back to New York!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

gspren

Quote from: Okrafarmer on June 30, 2015, 02:37:09 AM
Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on June 29, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

:o

Yikes-- that sure is the long way back to New York!

A few years ago We left the pig roast and went back to PA by way of California.

pigman

59 + 2 = 61
I was not sure I was coming until I found out that Jeff was going to serve deep fried chipmunks. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!