iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nation wide 72 hour dot check!

Started by Woodhauler, June 01, 2015, 06:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Coming up this week I think! They will stop and check any truck out there! one tons and up!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

deastman

It's mostly on the interstate isn't it?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Woodhauler

Quote from: deastman on June 01, 2015, 06:30:07 PM
It's mostly on the interstate isn't it?
No, I got pulled over in Benton neck a few years ago by the federal dot!! He had a yellow coat on with those words on it, made him show me his id! Never seen them before or after! They will be everywhere!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

coxy

hope they get the guy here that's running his truck with out any thing he does not even have the title the other guy has it till he  pays for the truck  hes been turned in a few times but they never seem to get him  >:( >:(

thenorthman

So...

What yer sayin is that its a good thing i don't need the Dump truck for a few days...

Not that I don't keep it legal, its just old, and bound to get dinged for something (probably lights at least...) or some other nonsense...

I did manage to get overloaded for the first time on Friday... twas a lot of dirt...
well that didn't work

Woodhauler

Quote from: ga jones on June 01, 2015, 08:14:50 PM
Yes June 2-5
Well I  ain't going out in the pouring rain today, so one less day to deal with them!

LeeB

1 ton? That's a lot of private non commercial vehicles.

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Woodhauler

Quote from: LeeB on June 02, 2015, 07:34:51 AM
1 ton? That's a lot of private non commercial vehicles.
commercial plate equals commercial inspection

coxy

they even pull over 1/2-3/4 ton trucks here with commercial plates

LeeB

Makes more sense. I never lived anywhere that had commercial plates.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ga jones

Any vehicle with a business name plastered on it is a commercial vehicle. Subject to commercial laws. They can and do check them here. Car van pickup all fair game. They don't target cars but will check 1 ton vans and pickups pulling trailers.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Woodhauler

As the old saying goes, "whats  good for the goose is good for the gander"!

starmac

I have seen them pull folks with large or improper loads on even half tons, it doesn't have to be a commercial vehicle, or marked as such.

I am off today, so won't have to deal with them at least for one day. Last year I did get pulled in during the 72 hour inspection, it was a waist of an hour and a half of time, but at least they did put a sticker on my truck. The funny thing was it was a dot that I knew from whitehorse CANADA that inspected my truck, even put a Canadian sticker on it. He said they come over here and some of ours go over there once or twice a year.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Frickman

I am all for pulling people over. We have had some bad, fatal accidents over the years in my area that were caused by fly-by-night companies running shoddy equipment. In all the years I hauled logs I was only pulled over once, for appearing too young to drive a log truck. Turned out I was older than the cop. That made for a good laugh. If you're going to run a truck, do it right and use good equipment. Even when I was running older stuff I always had everything painted up real nice and looking good. That helped keep the law at bay.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

luvmexfood

Never seen the Motor Vehicle Enforcement Officers pull over pick-ups in Virginia. Did have a State Trooper pull me over for the trailer behind my p/u. Had lost the Farm Tag and broke off the taillights and hadn't replaced. Almost got a ticket despite my best talking. Finally got out of it with a warning.

I have seen a few years back where they had a checkpoint set up with a sign before it directing ALL diesel powered vehicles stop for a fuel inspection. That was more a tax thing and only saw it once.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

ehp

Around here they look for pickups and if you got a trailer on yours your going to be stopped , they just hired 10 more MTO's for my area and 2 more police that only go after truck/pickup and they donot care if its private or not

4x4American

What do their vehicles look like?  Are they marked?
Boy, back in my day..

starmac

It all depends on what state you are in. In Kansas they drive fancy pickups of different colors, complete with mag wheels and bed covers, no markings.  It seems they like the camoflauge effect, but the claim is resale is better for them. lol

4x4American

Crooked...the more tickets they give out the nicer the vehicles we pay for them!
Boy, back in my day..

Tom the Sawyer

Actually, the cost of the two-tone paint jobs are expensive... and cost them twice.  They have to repaint it in order to resell them after they reach their mileage limits.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

HiTech

I have seen signs on the Interstate and Thruway that said,"All Diesel vehicles pull over". I think they were dipping tanks then. The DOT can be a pain at times but without them it would be bad out there. You would have Johnny Super Trucker or Melvin Badass or Jimmy Ain't Fixing That really putting innocent people in danger. As it is we have enough on the road that doesn't know what the word "Courtesy" means. Some of these throttle jockeys don't even slow down for small towns or villages...they are just too important.

redprospector

I know that we need DOT cops out there. But I stand by what I used to say 30 years ago when I was truckin'. A DOT cop should have to have spent at least 2 years making their living with a truck before they are allowed to put on a badge.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

BW_Williams

Nearest interstate is 50 miles away!  My parade truck dont go past either scale house:)
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

starmac

It is well over 2000 miles to an interstate from here, but we have plenty of dots. lol

Kansas dot pickups are not two tone, by different colors I meant they might be bright yellow, green, red or whatever color the dealer sells them, they all have matching bed covers, and nice mag wheels. They do not paint them to resell, no need to as they are top of the line sharp rigs.

A friend called me early this morning, warning me that they were set up on the road to my place, but I was nearly 300 miles away by that time. They were set up on the Rich when I came in, but only stopping southbound trucks.

Thank You Sponsors!