iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bell tech support and parts

Started by cutter88, May 30, 2015, 08:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

Still snooping around at the bell three wheeled bunchers they are practically unheard of up here in Ontario cananda are parts still readly available for the early 90s machines
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

treeslayer2003

one of us posted zambesi equipments number in another thread a while back, some one said Henry is still open and supporting the machines. i haven't needed any parts in a while.

ga jones

There are quite a few around here. I've never heard anyone say they couldn't get parts for them. I'm seriously considering one myself. I get (and turn down) a lot of low grade firewood jobs that it would be great for. Anyway I can't imagine much of the machine is specific to bell. Treeslayer aren't they mostly a component machine?duetz engine commercial hydraulic and what a Rockwell axle or Deere?
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

cutter88

Ya I found a couple in the states think of flying down to check a few out I like the ones on tracks
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

lopet

Quote from: ga jones on May 31, 2015, 02:44:59 PM
and what a Rockwell axle or Deere?

Don't think they use a conventional axle, more like two independent hydro drives similar to a skid steer. With one wheel going forward and one backwards you can turn that thing on a dime. And if I am not mistaken you run the drives with two foot pedals and your boom and the head with levers.
I am sure they have their places but haven't seen one in person either.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

North River Energy

If I recall correctly, you've got a pair of variable displacement pumps mounted side by side on the bellhousing, one for each wheel.
Thought I read somewhere that the tracked version was a CAT undercarriage?

treeslayer2003

Quote from: ga jones on May 31, 2015, 02:44:59 PM
There are quite a few around here. I've never heard anyone say they couldn't get parts for them. I'm seriously considering one myself. I get (and turn down) a lot of low grade firewood jobs that it would be great for. Anyway I can't imagine much of the machine is specific to bell. Treeslayer aren't they mostly a component machine?duetz engine commercial hydraulic and what a Rockwell axle or Deere?
yea them guys are correct, it has independent wheel motors and vd pumps. the later ones have a final drive, mine does not, i have an early model. some things are proprietary, like the saw head parts. but they are tough, i have had little trouble with that. i did have to rebuild the saw oiler pump, that was super easy with a couple check valves from a local hydro shop.
the duetz is super tough and a fuel sipper, starts very well in cold weather. the worst thing i can say of them is hydro leaks/hoses and bending bars [operator error]
it is very different to drive, forget what you think you know and keep an open mind. READ THE MANUAL it tells you how to operate and how to fall trees.

lopet

There is one for sale in Bancroft which is not too far from you. Seems a little pricey to me, but it's a 92.

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

timberlinetree

A guy in mass sells, services Bell cutters. Let me know if you need his number.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!