iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need some info

Started by coxy, May 30, 2015, 05:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I looked at a single axle truck to put my loader on and use as a landing truck the motor is a cat in line 6 I could not find any tags or numbers but one that says remand 3116 it that the motor size if so whats the hp and how good are they      thanks

Maine logger88

Yes they made a 3116 they are a 6.6 liter inline 6. I believe that they were rated anywhere from 200 to 300hp. As far as how good they are I've heard some people love them some hate them. I've never owned one so I can't say personally
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

3116 is mechanical and makes 250 hp. Parent bore block. In a single axle it will be fine. Need special tools to set injectors, other than that i dont think they are bad, dont use alot of fuel so for a landing truck it would actually be pretty good.
That has a 3126 and is ok, not an animal but works, bought that out of the want ad last time home and time will tell. 

BEEMERS

Ive got three of them in tandem axle dump trucks constantly running 48-50,000 pounds.truck and load of course.Im very happy with them...in a single axle It should be all the motor you want or need.
They replaced and stepped up a bit over the older 3208 cats.

Thank You Sponsors!