iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS-310 $135 Brand New

Started by kellysguy, May 28, 2015, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellysguy

Very long story short, after deciding I could use a light little saw for around the lot I go into my local box stores to look at saws. While walking into one, I spy two saws in the "recon" area. There is one CS400, oily, dirty with the chain on backwards and burnt bar, and a pristine little 310 without a scratch anywhere. No price on the 400 and $135 on the 310. I ask about the 400- $205. I look over and over the 310 and the only "wear" it shows is where it has been fueled and run at the recon place.

Since there is no telling what went on with the 400, I figure I was better off buying one of those online for $269 shipped to my door so I opted for the 310 instead.

I look over the 310 on the way home; it's perfect. I can't figure out why it was brought back. The paperwork for the recon place says no repair, saw runs to spec. I get it home with nothing more than the fuel left in the carb from the recon check. Halfway through my first pull it lights off.: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I mix up some fuel and fill it up, set the choke and crank it. It will run on fast idle but not off. I mess with it only to discover the idle isn't set. I bump it up till it actually touches the butterfly and now it runs great.

Seems that may be why it was brought back, and given the fact the recon place sent the 400 back with a reversed chain, that tells me they don't do much to them if anything at all.

So it looks like I got a good-saw at junk-saw prices that will be perfect for trimming up our 4 acres. I think the next one will be a CS450. ;D

21incher

I love my little 310 and it always starts 2nd pull. You should try to register it with Echo. If it hasn't already been registered you have a 5 year warranty and should be able to take it to a dealer to set the carb correctly with a tach.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

kellysguy

Thanks, I wondered about that. I didn't get any paperwork or warranty card with it. I hoped over and got it registered now.

kellysguy

I really hate to admit this publically, but I really like my plastic Hello Kitty saw.

Thank You Sponsors!